Keymap switching (Was: Re: Unicode)

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2002
      Preben Randhol <randhol+vim@...> wrote:
      [...]
      > I have no hurry. I have a working solution. I was just pointing out that
      > the utf-8 support could need improvements in the future. Perhaps
      > somebody wants to write Hebrew and Russian in the same document, don't
      > need English then. :-)
      >
      > --
      > Preben Randhol ---------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
      > iMy favorite editor is Emacs!<ESC>cbVim<ESC>
      > -- vim best-editor.txt

      Nothing is perfect, so improvements can always be thought of. But let's
      think big. Prehaps someone will want Hebrew, Arabic and English in the same
      document (e.g. a treaty of Semitic philology). Or French, Russian, Greek and
      Chinese. Or Norwegian, Czechish, Turkish and Eperanto (e.g. in a list of
      participants to a congress). Or...

      IMO it does make sense to be able not only to switch between English and one
      other map, not only to switch between two non-English keymaps, but to cycle
      through any number, as I think someone in this thread proposed. I'm not
      gonna write it, because I don't need it myself. But I see at least one way
      to do it.

      Regards,
      Tony.
    • Preben Randhol
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2002
        "Antoine J. Mechelynck" <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote on 10/10/2002 (07:58) :

        > IMO it does make sense to be able not only to switch between English and one
        > other map, not only to switch between two non-English keymaps, but to cycle
        > through any number, as I think someone in this thread proposed. I'm not
        > gonna write it, because I don't need it myself. But I see at least one way
        > to do it.

        This is exactly what I think too :-)