RE: unicode case mechanisms

  • Maiorana, Jason
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2002
      >Thinking back on it, maybe it would be worth while to
      >have not only your C routine (for speed) but also an
      >equivalent vim script (for portability).

      Well I dont know how to write vim scripts atm, but the
      c version is at:
      http://members.telocity.com/~seer26/uconv_export.tgz

      The file uconv.c will contains the generated
      implementations, once built. Once again its a language
      agnostic, unicode-wide, implementation of

      wchar_t unicode_tolower(wchar_t ucs);
      wchar_t unicode_toupper(wchar_t ucs);

      using nothing more than if statements and integer
      operators.

      An asymmetric, context-sensitive case swapper, such as
      needed by german, would require a different interface.
      Such an interface would most likely require memory
      operations or conversion contexts similiar to that
      needed for doing an iconv.