Re: non-gui clipboard

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2002
      seer26 wrote:

      > Ive finished with changing ui.c, starting from
      > Noah's changes.
      >
      > http://members.telocity.com/~seer26/ui_utf8.diff
      >
      > With this change you can use "* "+ from a console
      > vim, getting UTF8_STRING when copying and pasting.

      Thanks. I would like to get some feedback on this patch. Does this
      work as expected on different systems?

      I wonder if we should also add a _VIM_UTF8_TEXT atom. It would contain
      UTF-8 text and an indication of character/line/blockwise selection.
      _VIM_TEXT does this, but it doesn't say anything about the encoding.
      Even better may be _VIM_ENC_TEXT, which provides the text in 'encoding'
      and adds the encoding name to the selection. This will avoid a double
      conversion when 'encoding' is something like ISO-8859-9. Having two
      Vims with the same 'encoding' is very likely to happen.

      257. Your "hundred-and-one" lists include well over 101 items, since you
      automatically interpret all numbers in hexadecimal notation.
      (hex 101 = decimal 257)