Re: ATOK X (XIM) doesn't work with Vim 6.0

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2002
      Takuhiro Nishioka wrote:

      > >> ATOK X (XIM) doesn't work with Vim 6.0 on Linux. With Vim 5.8, it works
      > >> well.
      > >
      > >Well, I have no idea what causes this or how to fix it. Hopefully you
      > >or someone else can provide additional information.
      >
      > OS: Turbo Linux 6.1
      > IM server: kinput2x
      > Conversion server: atok12x
      > Vim version: Vim 6.0.11
      >
      > [bug]
      >
      > Vim hangs up when using fFtT command with XIM.
      >
      > [how to reproduce the bug]
      >
      > 1. compile Vim with these options:
      > --enable-multibyte --enable-fontset --enable-xim --with-x
      > 2. options value that related with XIM
      > iminsert = 0
      > imsearch = 0
      > imactivatekey=s-space
      > 3. start gvim.
      > 4. enter insert mode.
      > 5. turn on XIM pressing <S-Space>.
      > 7. press f to find a character.
      > 8. enter a character to search forward.

      I can use XIM in my own environment, and it works OK here. I can't use
      the environment you mention.

      Hopefully you or someone else can track down this problem and suggest a
      good solution. First thing to do is to find out if it's really Vim that
      is the problem, or perhaps the XIM or something else.

      --
      A parent can be arrested if his child cannot hold back a burp during a church
      service.

    • Takuhiro Nishioka
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2002
        Hi,

        >I can use XIM in my own environment, and it works OK here. I can't use
        >the environment you mention.
        >
        >Hopefully you or someone else can track down this problem and suggest a
        >good solution. First thing to do is to find out if it's really Vim that
        >is the problem, or perhaps the XIM or something else.

        I'm exchanging some Japanese e-mails with Matsumoto-san
        (mattn_jp@...) about this. I'm not sure that Vim is the problem.
        Matsumoto-san said kinput2 version 2 works well. kinput2 version 3 with some
        modification doesn't work well.

        --
        Takuhiro Nishioka mailto:takuhiro@...