[im] dot command reset 'iminsert'

  • Muraoka Taro
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2001
      Hi list.

      When using dot command to repeat inserting some text, it force reset
      'iminsert' value. Probably vgetorpeek() is not called after IM status
      was changed while executing dot command. Follow patch fix this for
      win32 version, but there may be more good solution.
      ----
      Muraoka Taro <koron@...>

      *** src/gui_w32.c.orig Thu Dec 13 16:27:39 2001
      --- src/gui_w32.c Thu Dec 13 16:33:49 2001
      ***************
      *** 1588,1593 ****
      --- 1588,1595 ----
      pImmSetOpenStatus(hImc, active);
      pImmReleaseContext(s_hwnd, hImc);
      }
      +
      + vgetc_im_active = active;
      }

      /*
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2001
        Muraoka Taro wrote:

        > When using dot command to repeat inserting some text, it force reset
        > 'iminsert' value. Probably vgetorpeek() is not called after IM status
        > was changed while executing dot command. Follow patch fix this for
        > win32 version, but there may be more good solution.

        This doesn't look like a good solution to me, because it's done in a
        system-specific part while it is a problem for all systems. I'll put it
        in the todo list, but if you can make a better patch that will be very
        much appreciated.

        55. You ask your doctor to implant a gig in your brain.