yet another bug of "cpoptions+=$"

  • Yasuhiro Matsumoto
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2001
      hello bram.

      Yet another multi-byte bug of "set cpoption+=$"
      if writing a double-width character over
      a double-width character which is shifted a cell as below,
      screen_puts make garbage.
      i made a patch for this problem.

      now it is few characters as below.
      a[]b
      ^

      cursor

      if type c$, it will be as below.
      a[]$
      ^

      cursor

      and input a double-width character.
      []]$

      ^

      garbage

      thanks.

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2001
        Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

        > Yet another multi-byte bug of "set cpoption+=$"
        > if writing a double-width character over
        > a double-width character which is shifted a cell as below,
        > screen_puts make garbage.
        > i made a patch for this problem.
        >
        > now it is few characters as below.
        > a[]b
        > ^
        > |
        > cursor
        >
        > if type c$, it will be as below.
        > a[]$
        > ^
        > |
        > cursor
        >
        > and input a double-width character.
        > []]$
        >
        > ^
        > |
        > garbage

        I see the problem. The cursor stops blinking because of this. I'll add
        the patch, thanks!

        --
        It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats.