Re: Problems converting to utf-8

  • Francis S.Lin
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 28, 2001
      * Ron Aaron <raaron@...> [011114 02:22]:
      > Do you have the 'iconv.dll'? Or are you using the internal Windows
      > functions?
      > FWIW, you can get the latest iconv.dll (compiled by me, version
      > 1.7.0.1) here:
      > http://www.mossbayeng.com/~ron/iconv.dll
      > It's 600K.
      The official Win32 self-installer build
      (ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/pc/gvim60.exe)
      is compiled with +iconv/dyn.
      I think that requires an external iconv.dll, but no any iconv.dll is
      provided inside the installer.
      Without this DLL, we cannot do any encoding conversion...

      Why isn't an iconv.dll included? Maybe we should put one or tell
      users where to find the iconv.dll in the documents (eval.txt?).

      --
      piaip, Francis.S.Lin
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 15, 2001
        Francis S.Lin wrote:

        > * Ron Aaron <raaron@...> [011114 02:22]:
        > > Do you have the 'iconv.dll'? Or are you using the internal Windows
        > > functions?
        > > FWIW, you can get the latest iconv.dll (compiled by me, version
        > > 1.7.0.1) here:
        > > http://www.mossbayeng.com/~ron/iconv.dll
        > > It's 600K.
        > The official Win32 self-installer build
        > (ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/pc/gvim60.exe)
        > is compiled with +iconv/dyn.
        > I think that requires an external iconv.dll, but no any iconv.dll is
        > provided inside the installer.
        > Without this DLL, we cannot do any encoding conversion...
        >
        > Why isn't an iconv.dll included? Maybe we should put one or tell
        > users where to find the iconv.dll in the documents (eval.txt?).

        We could include an iconv.dll with the self-installing executable. It's
        a bit big though (total goes from 3.4 M to 4M), and not many people will
        actually use it.

        104. When people ask about the Presidential Election you ask "Which country?"