Re: win2k IME, multibyte/width characters, etc.

  • Glenn F. Maynard
    Message 1 of 54 , Sep 22, 2001
      Fonts: *anything* I put in guifont= in _gvimrc is being taken; it just
      happens that if it doesn't exist, it uses a font that happnes to look like
      "vga" in X.

      Somehow, Vim managed to mung my IME config a little bit; it seems to think
      I actually have a Japanese keyboard, now, I think, and it doesn't want to

      The reason I'm getting dots instead of composition is that you're setting
      the composition font to the text font, which happened to not be a Japanese
      font when I tried it. (I don't know how this is supposed to interact with
      guifontwide--in part because I don't know how guifontwide is supposed to
      work. It'd be nice to not have to use a Japanese font all the time; I
      don't really care for my backslashes to be Yen symbols. :) and I much preferi
      VGA (aka Fixedsys) for English text.

      Still digging.

    • Muraoka Taro
      Message 54 of 54 , Oct 25, 2001
        Sorry, I forgot to attach that two files.

        > I had found two problems about Glenn's latest patch for IME.
        >
        > 1. In mbyte.c FEAT_WINDOWS is used for instead of WIN32.
        > It cause touble when compiling on non-windows platform.
        > Check attached ime_fix1.diff.
        > 2. I got report of strange behavior from an user of old IME (it is called SKK).
        > I had checked this problem.
        > SKK send WM_IME_COMPOSITION message when 'k' typed
        > without any composition string.
        > It cause unexpected two white space insertion.
        > I had fixed this.
        > Please check _OnImeComposition() and GetResultStr() in ime_fix2.diff.
        >
        > Regards.
        > ----
        > Muraoka Taro <koron@...>

        ----ime_fix1.diff
        diff -cr src.orig/mbyte.c src/mbyte.c
        *** src.orig/mbyte.c Sun Oct 21 20:30:38 2001
        --- src/mbyte.c Sun Oct 21 20:30:33 2001
        ***************
        *** 572,577 ****
        --- 572,591 ----
        if (enc_utf8 && !option_was_set((char_u *)"fencs"))
        set_string_option_direct((char_u *)"fencs", -1,
        (char_u *)"ucs-bom,utf-8,latin1", OPT_FREE);
        + #ifdef FEAT_MBYTE_IME
        + # ifdef USE_ICONV
        + ime_conv.vc_fd = (iconv_t)-1;
        + # endif
        + convert_setup(&ime_conv, "ucs-2", p_enc);
        + #endif
        +
        + #ifdef FEAT_MBYTE_IME
        + # ifdef USE_ICONV
        + ime_conv_cp.vc_fd = (iconv_t)-1;
        + # endif
        + ime_conv_cp.vc_type = CONV_CODEPAGE;
        + ime_conv_cp.vc_factor = 2; /* we don't really know anything about the codepage */
        + #endif

        #ifdef HAVE_BIND_TEXTDOMAIN_CODESET
        /* GNU gettext 0.10.37 supports this feature: set the codeset used for
        ***************
        *** 3539,3566 ****
        add_to_input_buf(str, 3);
        }

        - /*
        - * Add "str[len]" to the input buffer while escaping CSI bytes.
        - */
        - static void
        - add_to_input_buf_csi(char_u *str, int len)
        - {
        - int i;
        - char_u buf[2];
        -
        - for (i = 0; i < len; ++i)
        - {
        - add_to_input_buf(str + i, 1);
        - if (str[i] == CSI)
        - {
        - /* Turn CSI into K_CSI. */
        - buf[0] = KS_EXTRA;
        - buf[1] = (int)KE_CSI;
        - add_to_input_buf(buf, 2);
        - }
        - }
        - }
        -
        static GSList *key_press_event_queue = NULL;
        static int preedit_buf_len = 0;
        static gboolean processing_queued_event = FALSE;
        --- 3553,3558 ----
        ***************
        *** 3897,3902 ****
        --- 3889,3908 ----
        /* Internal utf-8 -> latin1 conversion. */
        vcp->vc_type = CONV_TO_LATIN1;
        }
        + #ifdef WIN32
        + /* Win32-specific UTF-16 -> DBCS conversion, for the IME,
        + * so we don't need iconv ... */
        + else if((from_prop & ENC_UNICODE) && (from_prop & ENC_2BYTE) && (to_prop & ENC_DBCS))
        + {
        + vcp->vc_type = CONV_DBCS;
        + vcp->vc_factor = 2; /* up to twice as long */
        + vcp->dbcs = atoi(to + 2);
        + } else if((from_prop & ENC_UNICODE) && (from_prop & ENC_2BYTE) && (to_prop & ENC_UNICODE)) {
        + vcp->vc_type = CONV_DBCS;
        + vcp->vc_factor = 2; /* up to twice as long */
        + vcp->dbcs = CP_UTF8;
        + }
        + #endif
        # ifdef USE_ICONV
        else
        {
        ***************
        *** 4023,4029 ****
        --- 4029,4077 ----
        retval = iconv_string(vcp->vc_fd, ptr, len);
        if (retval != NULL && lenp != NULL)
        *lenp = (int)STRLEN(retval);
        + break;
        # endif
        + # ifdef WIN32
        + case CONV_DBCS: /* UTF-16 -> dbcs or UTF8 */
        + {
        + int retlen;
        + if (!lenp)
        + len /= sizeof(unsigned short);
        +
        + retlen = WideCharToMultiByte(vcp->dbcs, 0,
        + (const unsigned short *)ptr, len, 0, 0, 0, 0);
        +
        + retval = alloc(retlen + 1);
        + if (retval == NULL)
        + break;
        +
        + WideCharToMultiByte(vcp->dbcs, 0,
        + (const unsigned short *) ptr, len, retval, retlen, 0, 0);
        +
        + retval[retlen] = NUL;
        + if (lenp != NULL)
        + *lenp = retlen;
        + break;
        + }
        + case CONV_CODEPAGE: /* current codepage -> ucs-2 */
        + {
        + int retlen;
        + retlen = MultiByteToWideChar(GetACP(), 0, ptr, len,
        + 0, 0);
        +
        + retval = alloc(sizeof(unsigned short) * retlen);
        + if (retval == NULL)
        + break;
        +
        + MultiByteToWideChar(GetACP(), 0, ptr, len,
        + (unsigned short *) retval, retlen);
        +
        + if (lenp != NULL)
        + *lenp = retlen * sizeof(unsigned short); /* number of shorts -> buffer size */
        + }
        +
        + # endif
        +
        }

        return retval;

        ----ime_fix2.diff
        diff -cr src.orig/gui_w32.c src/gui_w32.c
        *** src.orig/gui_w32.c Wed Sep 19 21:43:49 2001
        --- src/gui_w32.c Tue Oct 2 17:31:11 2001
        ***************
        *** 210,215 ****
        --- 210,219 ----
        static int get_toolbar_bitmap(vimmenu_T *menu);
        #endif

        + #ifdef FEAT_MBYTE_IME
        + static LRESULT _OnImeComposition(HWND hwnd, WPARAM dbcs, LPARAM param);
        + static char_u *GetResultStr(HWND hwnd, int GCS);
        + #endif
        #if defined(FEAT_MBYTE_IME) && defined(DYNAMIC_IME)
        # ifdef NOIME
        typedef struct tagCOMPOSITIONFORM {
        ***************
        *** 221,227 ****
        # endif

        HINSTANCE hLibImm = NULL;
        ! LONG (WINAPI *pImmGetCompositionString)(HIMC, DWORD, LPVOID, DWORD);
        HIMC (WINAPI *pImmGetContext)(HWND);
        BOOL (WINAPI *pImmReleaseContext)(HWND, HIMC);
        BOOL (WINAPI *pImmGetOpenStatus)(HIMC);
        --- 225,232 ----
        # endif

        HINSTANCE hLibImm = NULL;
        ! LONG (WINAPI *pImmGetCompositionStringA)(HIMC, DWORD, LPVOID, DWORD);
        ! LONG (WINAPI *pImmGetCompositionStringW)(HIMC, DWORD, LPVOID, DWORD);
        HIMC (WINAPI *pImmGetContext)(HWND);
        BOOL (WINAPI *pImmReleaseContext)(HWND, HIMC);
        BOOL (WINAPI *pImmGetOpenStatus)(HIMC);
        ***************
        *** 232,238 ****
        BOOL (WINAPI *pImmGetConversionStatus)(HIMC, LPDWORD, LPDWORD);
        static void dyn_imm_load(void);
        #else
        ! # define pImmGetCompositionString ImmGetCompositionStringA
        # define pImmGetContext ImmGetContext
        # define pImmReleaseContext ImmReleaseContext
        # define pImmGetOpenStatus ImmGetOpenStatus
        --- 237,244 ----
        BOOL (WINAPI *pImmGetConversionStatus)(HIMC, LPDWORD, LPDWORD);
        static void dyn_imm_load(void);
        #else
        ! # define pImmGetCompositionStringA ImmGetCompositionStringA
        ! # define pImmGetCompositionStringW ImmGetCompositionStringW
        # define pImmGetContext ImmGetContext
        # define pImmReleaseContext ImmReleaseContext
        # define pImmGetOpenStatus ImmGetOpenStatus
        ***************
        *** 790,795 ****
        --- 841,852 ----
        case WM_IME_NOTIFY:
        if (!_OnImeNotify(hwnd, (DWORD)wParam, (DWORD)lParam))
        return DefWindowProc(hwnd, uMsg, wParam, lParam);
        + break;
        +
        + case WM_IME_COMPOSITION:
        + if (!_OnImeComposition(hwnd, wParam, lParam))
        + return DefWindowProc(hwnd, uMsg, wParam, lParam);
        + break;
        #endif

        default:
        ***************
        *** 1292,1298 ****
        #include <ime.h>
        #include <imm.h>

        - static char lpCompStr[100]; // Pointer to composition str.
        static BOOL bInComposition=FALSE;

        /*
        --- 1352,1357 ----
        ***************
        *** 1356,1453 ****
        }
        }
        gui_update_cursor(TRUE, FALSE);
        ! lResult = 1;
        break;
        }
        pImmReleaseContext(hWnd, hImc);
        return lResult;
        }

        ! /* get composition string from WIN_IME */
        ! static void
        ! GetCompositionStr(HWND hwnd, LPARAM CompFlag)
        {
        ! DWORD dwBufLen; // Stogare for len. of composition str
        ! HIMC hIMC; // Input context handle.
        !
        ! // If fail to get input context handle then do nothing.
        ! // Applications should call ImmGetContext API to get
        ! // input context handle.

        ! if (!pImmGetContext || !(hIMC = pImmGetContext(hwnd)))
        ! return;

        ! // Determines how much memory space to store the composition string.
        ! // Applications should call ImmGetCompositionString with
        ! // GCS_COMPSTR flag on, buffer length zero, to get the bullfer
        ! // length.

        ! if ((dwBufLen = pImmGetCompositionString(hIMC, GCS_COMPSTR,
        ! (void FAR*)NULL, 0l)) < 0)
        ! goto exit2;

        ! if (dwBufLen > 99)
        ! goto exit2;

        ! // Reads in the composition string.
        ! if ( dwBufLen != 0 )
        {
        ! pImmGetCompositionString(hIMC, GCS_COMPSTR, lpCompStr, dwBufLen);
        ! lpCompStr[dwBufLen] = 0;
        }
        else
        {
        ! strcpy(lpCompStr, " ");
        ! dwBufLen = 2;
        ! }
        !
        ! // Display new composition chars.
        ! DisplayCompStringOpaque(lpCompStr, dwBufLen);

        ! exit2:
        ! pImmReleaseContext(hwnd, hIMC);
        }

        !
        ! // void GetResultStr()
        ! //
        ! // This handles WM_IME_COMPOSITION with GCS_RESULTSTR flag on.
        ! //
        ! // get complete composition string
        !
        ! static void
        ! GetResultStr(HWND hwnd)
        {
        ! DWORD dwBufLen; // Storage for length of result str.
        ! HIMC hIMC; // Input context handle.

        - // If fail to get input context handle then do nothing.
        if (!pImmGetContext || !(hIMC = pImmGetContext(hwnd)))
        ! return;
        !
        ! // Determines how much memory space to store the result string.
        ! // Applications should call ImmGetCompositionString with
        ! // GCS_RESULTSTR flag on, buffer length zero, to get the bullfer
        ! // length.
        ! if ((dwBufLen = pImmGetCompositionString(hIMC, GCS_RESULTSTR,
        ! (void FAR *)NULL, (DWORD) 0)) <= 0)
        ! goto exit2;
        !
        ! if (dwBufLen > 99)
        ! goto exit2;
        !
        ! // Reads in the result string.
        ! pImmGetCompositionString(hIMC, GCS_RESULTSTR, lpCompStr, dwBufLen);

        ! // Displays the result string.
        ! DisplayCompStringOpaque(lpCompStr, dwBufLen);

        ! exit2:
        pImmReleaseContext(hwnd, hIMC);
        }

        ! static char *
        ImeGetTempComposition(void)
        {
        if (bInComposition == TRUE)
        --- 1415,1523 ----
        }
        }
        gui_update_cursor(TRUE, FALSE);
        ! lResult = 0;
        break;
        }
        pImmReleaseContext(hWnd, hImc);
        return lResult;
        }

        ! static LRESULT
        ! _OnImeComposition(HWND hwnd, WPARAM dbcs, LPARAM param)
        {
        ! char_u *ret;
        ! if ((param & GCS_RESULTSTR) == 0) /* Composition unfinished. */
        ! return 0;

        ! if (ret = GetResultStr(hwnd, GCS_RESULTSTR))
        ! {
        ! add_to_input_buf_csi(ret, strlen(ret));
        ! vim_free(ret);
        ! return 1;
        ! }
        ! else
        ! return 0;
        ! }

        ! /* get the currnet composition string, in UCS-2; len is the number of
        ! * Unicode characters */
        ! unsigned short *
        ! GetCompositionString_inUCS2(HIMC hIMC, DWORD GCS, int *len)
        ! {
        ! LONG ret;
        ! unsigned short *wbuf = NULL;

        ! if (!pImmGetContext)
        ! return NULL; /* no imm32.dll */

        ! /* Try Unicode; this'll always work on NT regardless of codepage. */
        ! ret = pImmGetCompositionStringW(hIMC, GCS, NULL, 0);
        ! if (ret == 0)
        ! return NULL; /* empty */

        ! if (ret > 0)
        {
        ! wbuf = (unsigned short *) alloc(ret * sizeof(unsigned short));
        ! if(!wbuf) return NULL;
        !
        ! pImmGetCompositionStringW(hIMC, GCS, wbuf, ret);
        ! *len = ret / sizeof(unsigned short); /* char -> wchar */
        ! return wbuf;
        }
        +
        + /* ret < 0; we got an error, so try the ANSI version. This'll work
        + * on 9x/ME, but only if the codepage happens to be set to whatever
        + * we're inputting. */
        +
        + ret = pImmGetCompositionStringA(hIMC, GCS, NULL, 0);
        + if (ret <= 0)
        + return NULL; /* empty or error */
        else
        {
        ! char_u *buf;

        + buf = (char_u *) alloc(ret);
        + if (!buf)
        + return NULL;
        + pImmGetCompositionStringA(hIMC, GCS, buf, ret);

        ! /* convert from codepage to UCS-2 */
        ! wbuf = (unsigned short *)string_convert(&ime_conv_cp, buf, &ret);
        ! vim_free(buf);
        ! *len = ret / sizeof(unsigned short); /* char_u -> wchar */
        ! }
        ! return wbuf;
        }

        ! /*
        ! * void GetResultStr()
        ! *
        ! * This handles WM_IME_COMPOSITION with GCS_RESULTSTR flag on.
        ! * get complete composition string
        ! */
        ! static char_u *
        ! GetResultStr(HWND hwnd, int GCS)
        {
        ! DWORD dwBufLen; /* Stogare for len. of composition str. */
        ! HIMC hIMC; /* Input context handle. */
        ! unsigned short *buf = NULL;
        ! char *convbuf = NULL;

        if (!pImmGetContext || !(hIMC = pImmGetContext(hwnd)))
        ! return NULL;

        ! /* Reads in the composition string. */
        ! buf = GetCompositionString_inUCS2(hIMC, GCS, &dwBufLen);
        ! if (!buf)
        ! return NULL;

        ! convbuf = string_convert(&ime_conv, (unsigned char *) buf, &dwBufLen);
        pImmReleaseContext(hwnd, hIMC);
        + vim_free(buf);
        + return convbuf;
        }

        ! static char_u *
        ImeGetTempComposition(void)
        {
        if (bInComposition == TRUE)
        ***************
        *** 1459,1466 ****
        {
        pImmGetConversionStatus(hImc, &dwConvMode, &dwSentMode);
        pImmReleaseContext(s_hwnd, hImc);
        ! if ((dwConvMode & IME_CMODE_NATIVE))
        ! return lpCompStr;
        }
        }
        return NULL;
        --- 1529,1537 ----
        {
        pImmGetConversionStatus(hImc, &dwConvMode, &dwSentMode);
        pImmReleaseContext(s_hwnd, hImc);
        ! if ((dwConvMode & IME_CMODE_NATIVE)) {
        ! return GetResultStr(s_hwnd, GCS_COMPSTR);
        ! }
        }
        }
        return NULL;
        ***************
        *** 1668,1674 ****
        HBRUSH hbr;
        RECT rc;
        #ifdef FEAT_MBYTE_IME
        ! char *szComp;
        #endif

        if (!(flags & DRAW_TRANSP))
        --- 1739,1745 ----
        HBRUSH hbr;
        RECT rc;
        #ifdef FEAT_MBYTE_IME
        ! char_u *szComp;
        #endif

        if (!(flags & DRAW_TRANSP))
        ***************
        *** 1763,1772 ****
        {
        /* draw an incomplete composition character (korean) */
        if (len == 1 && blink_state == BLINK_ON
        ! && (szComp = ImeGetTempComposition()) != NULL) // hangul
        HanExtTextOut(s_hdc, TEXT_X(col), TEXT_Y(row),
        foptions, pcliprect, szComp, 2, padding, TRUE);
        ! else
        HanExtTextOut(s_hdc, TEXT_X(col), TEXT_Y(row),
        foptions, pcliprect, (char *)text, len, padding, FALSE);
        }
        --- 1834,1844 ----
        {
        /* draw an incomplete composition character (korean) */
        if (len == 1 && blink_state == BLINK_ON
        ! && (szComp = ImeGetTempComposition()) != NULL) { // hangul
        HanExtTextOut(s_hdc, TEXT_X(col), TEXT_Y(row),
        foptions, pcliprect, szComp, 2, padding, TRUE);
        ! vim_free(szComp);
        ! } else
        HanExtTextOut(s_hdc, TEXT_X(col), TEXT_Y(row),
        foptions, pcliprect, (char *)text, len, padding, FALSE);
        }
        ***************
        *** 3334,3342 ****
        hLibImm = LoadLibrary("imm32.dll");
        if (hLibImm == NULL)
        return;
        ! if ((*((FARPROC*)&pImmGetCompositionString)
        = GetProcAddress(hLibImm, "ImmGetCompositionStringA")))
        nImmFunc++;
        if ((*((FARPROC*)&pImmGetContext)
        = GetProcAddress(hLibImm, "ImmGetContext")))
        nImmFunc++;
        --- 3406,3417 ----
        hLibImm = LoadLibrary("imm32.dll");
        if (hLibImm == NULL)
        return;
        ! if ((*((FARPROC*)&pImmGetCompositionStringA)
        = GetProcAddress(hLibImm, "ImmGetCompositionStringA")))
        nImmFunc++;
        + if ((*((FARPROC*)&pImmGetCompositionStringW)
        + = GetProcAddress(hLibImm, "ImmGetCompositionStringW")))
        + nImmFunc++;
        if ((*((FARPROC*)&pImmGetContext)
        = GetProcAddress(hLibImm, "ImmGetContext")))
        nImmFunc++;
        ***************
        *** 3362,3368 ****
        = GetProcAddress(hLibImm, "ImmGetConversionStatus")))
        nImmFunc++;

        ! if (nImmFunc != 9)
        {
        FreeLibrary(hLibImm);
        hLibImm = NULL;
        --- 3437,3443 ----
        = GetProcAddress(hLibImm, "ImmGetConversionStatus")))
        nImmFunc++;

        ! if (nImmFunc != 10)
        {
        FreeLibrary(hLibImm);