Re: another ime

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 16, 2001
      Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

      > hello bram and all.
      >
      > There is some IME for windows only in japanese.
      > for example,
      > MS-IME
      > ATOK
      > VJE
      > etc...
      >
      > Now vim work fine with MS-IME.
      > But VJE does not so.
      >
      > I made a patch.
      > Please check this.
      >
      > If you have IME without them,
      > please let me know how this work.

      This adds an extra TranslateMessage() for events other than WM_KEYDOWN or
      WM_SYSKEYDOWN. I wonder what the effect of that is when there is no IME at
      all. No negative side effects to be expected?

      --
      DENNIS: You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some
      watery tart threw a sword at you!

    • mattn@mail.goo.ne.jp
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 16, 2001
        Bram@... wrote:
        > This adds an extra TranslateMessage() for events other than WM_KEYDOWN or
        > WM_SYSKEYDOWN. I wonder what the effect of that is when there is no IME at
        > all. No negative side effects to be expected?

        Hmm, your said may be right.
        This IME need WM_KEYUP. So I changed some.
        It seems good to me.

        *** src.org/gui_w48.c Sun Aug 05 03:16:36 2001
        --- src/gui_w48.c Thu Aug 16 19:59:01 2001
        ***************
        *** 1975,1980 ****
        --- 1975,1982 ----
        #ifdef FEAT_MBYTE_IME
        else if (msg.message == WM_IME_NOTIFY)
        _OnImeNotify(msg.hwnd, (DWORD)msg.wParam, (DWORD)msg.lParam);
        + else if (msg.message == WM_KEYUP && im_get_status())
        + MyTranslateMessage(&msg);
        #endif
        #if !defined(FEAT_MBYTE_IME) && defined(GLOBAL_IME)
        /* GIME_TEST */

        Thanks.
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 16, 2001
          Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

          > Bram@... wrote:
          > > This adds an extra TranslateMessage() for events other than WM_KEYDOWN or
          > > WM_SYSKEYDOWN. I wonder what the effect of that is when there is no IME
          > > at all. No negative side effects to be expected?
          >
          > Hmm, your said may be right.
          > This IME need WM_KEYUP. So I changed some.
          > It seems good to me.

          Thanks, this looks a bit more specific. Just trying to avoid potential
          problems at this stage of beta testing.

          --
          BEDEVERE: And that, my lord, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.