another ime

  • mattn@mail.goo.ne.jp
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 15, 2001
      hello bram and all.

      There is some IME for windows only in japanese.
      for example,
      MS-IME
      ATOK
      VJE
      etc...

      Now vim work fine with MS-IME.
      But VJE does not so.

      I made a patch.
      Please check this.

      If you have IME without them,
      please let me know how this work.

      Thanks

      *** src.org/gui_w48.c Sun Aug 05 03:16:36 2001
      --- src/gui_w48.c Thu Aug 16 13:31:30 2001
      ***************
      *** 1989,1994 ****
      --- 1989,1996 ----
      global_ime_set_position(&point);
      }
      #endif
      + else
      + MyTranslateMessage(&msg);
      #ifdef FEAT_MENU
      /* Check for <F10>: Windows selects the menu. Don't let Windows handle it
      * when 'winaltkeys' is "no" */
      --
      Yasuhiro Matsumoto
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 16, 2001
        Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

        > hello bram and all.
        >
        > There is some IME for windows only in japanese.
        > for example,
        > MS-IME
        > ATOK
        > VJE
        > etc...
        >
        > Now vim work fine with MS-IME.
        > But VJE does not so.
        >
        > I made a patch.
        > Please check this.
        >
        > If you have IME without them,
        > please let me know how this work.

        This adds an extra TranslateMessage() for events other than WM_KEYDOWN or
        WM_SYSKEYDOWN. I wonder what the effect of that is when there is no IME at
        all. No negative side effects to be expected?

        --
        DENNIS: You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some
        watery tart threw a sword at you!

      • mattn@mail.goo.ne.jp
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 16, 2001
          Bram@... wrote:
          > This adds an extra TranslateMessage() for events other than WM_KEYDOWN or
          > WM_SYSKEYDOWN. I wonder what the effect of that is when there is no IME at
          > all. No negative side effects to be expected?

          Hmm, your said may be right.
          This IME need WM_KEYUP. So I changed some.
          It seems good to me.

          *** src.org/gui_w48.c Sun Aug 05 03:16:36 2001
          --- src/gui_w48.c Thu Aug 16 19:59:01 2001
          ***************
          *** 1975,1980 ****
          --- 1975,1982 ----
          #ifdef FEAT_MBYTE_IME
          else if (msg.message == WM_IME_NOTIFY)
          _OnImeNotify(msg.hwnd, (DWORD)msg.wParam, (DWORD)msg.lParam);
          + else if (msg.message == WM_KEYUP && im_get_status())
          + MyTranslateMessage(&msg);
          #endif
          #if !defined(FEAT_MBYTE_IME) && defined(GLOBAL_IME)
          /* GIME_TEST */

          Thanks.
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 16, 2001
            Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

            > Bram@... wrote:
            > > This adds an extra TranslateMessage() for events other than WM_KEYDOWN or
            > > WM_SYSKEYDOWN. I wonder what the effect of that is when there is no IME
            > > at all. No negative side effects to be expected?
            >
            > Hmm, your said may be right.
            > This IME need WM_KEYUP. So I changed some.
            > It seems good to me.

            Thanks, this looks a bit more specific. Just trying to avoid potential
            problems at this stage of beta testing.

            --
            BEDEVERE: And that, my lord, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.