Re: [vim60af,mb] Win32 gui_mch_draw_string make garbage

    Message 1 of 4 , May 16 2:43 AM
      Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

      > Win32\'s gui_mch_draw_string make garbage.
      > Doesn\'t your vim appear garbage when redraw intro?
      >
      > This reason is that HanExtTextOut draw few char
      > when lpString is \"\" and cbCount is not 0.
      >
      > I made small patch.

      I don't understand why this is needed. If HanExtTextOut() is called with an
      empty string but non-zero length, there must be something wrong before this
      happened. But I don't see how this can happen. And when it does happen, why
      isn't there more that goes wrong?

      --
      ARTHUR: Who are you?
      TALL KNIGHT: We are the Knights Who Say "Ni"!

    • mattn@mail.goo.ne.jp
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 9, 2001
        Bram@... wrote:
        [snip]
        > I don't understand why this is needed. If HanExtTextOut() is called with an
        > empty string but non-zero length, there must be something wrong before this
        > happened. But I don't see how this can happen. And when it does happen, why
        > isn't there more that goes wrong?

        Mmm?
        I was convinced that this patch was included.

        When I use vim60af, It happend.
        But vim60ap does not have this problem.

        Another solution may make this problem fix.
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 9, 2001
          Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

          > Bram@... wrote:
          > [snip]
          > > I don't understand why this is needed. If HanExtTextOut() is called with
          > > an empty string but non-zero length, there must be something wrong before
          > > this happened. But I don't see how this can happen. And when it does
          > > happen, why isn't there more that goes wrong?
          >
          > Mmm?
          > I was convinced that this patch was included.

          The date of this message was:

          Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:43:20 +0200

          Apparently some very old messages of me are now being sent out... It's like a
          message in a bottle that has been floating over the Ocean for months!

          > When I use vim60af, It happend.
          > But vim60ap does not have this problem.
          >
          > Another solution may make this problem fix.

          I think this problem was fixed quite a long time ago.

          --
          FATHER: Make sure the Prince doesn't leave this room until I come and
          get him.