Re: Vim6.0aq patch: Athena tooltip fontset fix

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2001
      David Harrison wrote:

      > Problem: When starting gvim in a locale other than the default
      > (particularly an Asian locale), the tooltips looked like gibberish.
      >
      > This was due to the fact that the "fixed" font was being used and was
      > only ISO8859-1 compatible.
      >
      > Solution: Wildcard much of the information about what font to use,
      > including the charset, and size. This allows the appropriate fontset to
      > be loaded for the currently set locale (Asian, too), and allows for a
      > wide variety of fonts to be matched by default.

      Sounds like a good idea. However, for me it still doesn't work. I might not
      have the right fonts on my system.

      This does work for me (in my .vimrc file):

      hi tooltip font=k12,r12

      Hmm, looking these up the contain fixed-medium-r-normal. Thus they should
      have worked with "fixed" just as well with the new one...

      226. You sit down at the computer right after dinner and your spouse
      says "See you in the morning."