Re: cursor width on gtk

  • Yasuhiro Matsumoto
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11, 2001
      Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:
      >
      >> Hello vim-multibyte and bram.
      >>
      >> this is a small fix for cursor width on gtk.
      >
      >Could you please explain this? It looks like a longer string gets a width of
      >just the first character. And why does nothing have to be changed for UTF-8?

      Could you get my second patch?
      (By way of precaution, it sends again.)

      if string include euc-jp half character,
      the "width" will be large more than "len".
      so cursor width of there will be double width.
    • Yasuhiro Matsumoto
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 11, 2001
        Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

        >Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        >>Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:
        >>
        >>> Hello vim-multibyte and bram.
        >>>
        >>> this is a small fix for cursor width on gtk.
        >>
        >>Could you please explain this? It looks like a longer string gets a width of

        >>just the first character. And why does nothing have to be changed for UTF-8?

        >Could you get my second patch?
        >(By way of precaution, it sends again.)
        >
        >if string include euc-jp half character,
        > the "width" will be large more than "len".
        >so cursor width of there will be double width.

        Ahh...

        I forgat about UTF-8.
        Sorry please change enc_dbcs -> has_mbyte.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 11, 2001
          Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

          > >> Hello vim-multibyte and bram.
          > >>
          > >> this is a small fix for cursor width on gtk.
          > >
          > >Could you please explain this? It looks like a longer string gets a width
          > >of just the first character. And why does nothing have to be changed for
          > >UTF-8?
          >
          > Could you get my second patch?
          > (By way of precaution, it sends again.)

          No, nothing was attached.

          > if string include euc-jp half character,
          > the "width" will be large more than "len".
          > so cursor width of there will be double width.

          I suspect the problem would then be that the caller has made a mistake, and it
          will also be wrong for other GUIs. Could you please explain how to reproduce
          the problem you noticed?

          181. You make up words that go with the "happy tune" your modem makes
          while dialing your ISP.

        • Yasuhiro Matsumoto
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 11, 2001
            Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            >I suspect the problem would then be that the caller has made a mistake, and it

            >will also be wrong for other GUIs. Could you please explain how to reproduce
            >the problem you noticed?

            a len of gui_mch_draw_string is length of bytes.
            but width should not be len.
            on other platform, cells or width was re-calced.