Re: over the maxfuncdepth (patch)

  • Yasuhiro Matsumoto
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2001
      Hi vim-multibyte and bram.

      a function of mb_strnicmp is not one of mbsnicmp.
      "eval.c" use negative value of STRICMP.
      -----------
      explore.vim
      s:SortR
      s:StrCmp
      a:line1 < a:line2
      a:line1 > a:line2
      eval.c (line 1554)
      -----------

      this is a patch.

      Thanks.

      to bram -
      I may that you return "vim.h" to original.
      (no problem and no slowdown)

      Yasuhiro Matsumoto
    • Yasuhiro Matsumoto
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18, 2001
        Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

        >Hi vim-multibyte and bram.
        >
        >a function of mb_strnicmp is not one of mbsnicmp.
        >"eval.c" use negative value of STRICMP.
        >-----------
        > explore.vim
        > s:SortR
        > s:StrCmp
        > a:line1 < a:line2
        > a:line1 > a:line2
        > eval.c (line 1554)
        >-----------
        >
        >this is a patch.
        >
        >Thanks.

        >to bram -
        >I may that you return "vim.h" to original.
        >(no problem and no slowdown)

        Sorry sent patch is not enough.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 19, 2001
          Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

          > Hi vim-multibyte and bram.
          >
          > a function of mb_strnicmp is not one of mbsnicmp.
          > "eval.c" use negative value of STRICMP.
          > -----------
          > explore.vim
          > s:SortR
          > s:StrCmp
          > a:line1 < a:line2
          > a:line1 > a:line2
          > eval.c (line 1554)
          > -----------
          >
          > this is a patch.

          Aha, the mb_strnicmp() function didn't return -1, thus couldn't be used for
          sorting. Thanks for figuring this out!

          I think the handling of strings that differ in length isn't done right. See
          the code below for what I made out of it.

          > to bram -
          > I may that you return "vim.h" to original.
          > (no problem and no slowdown)

          Well, I suppose it doesn't hurt to keep it in.

          int
          mb_strnicmp(s1, s2, n)
          char_u *s1, *s2;
          int n;
          {
          int i, l;
          int cdiff;

          for (i = 0; i < n; i += l)
          {
          l = (*mb_ptr2len_check)(s1 + i);
          if (l <= 1)
          {
          /* Single byte: first check normally, then with ignore case. */
          if (s1[i] != s2[i])
          {
          cdiff = TO_LOWER(s1[i]) - TO_LOWER(s2[i]);
          if (cdiff != 0)
          return cdiff;
          }
          else if (s1[i] == NUL)
          return 0;
          }
          else
          {
          /* For multi-byte only ignore case for Unicode. */
          if (l > n - i)
          l = n - i;
          if (enc_utf8)
          cdiff = utf_fold(utf_ptr2char(s1 + i))