[vim60af,mb] Win32 gui_mch_draw_string make garbage

  • vim-multibyte-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2001
      Hello, vim-multibyte.

      Win32\'s gui_mch_draw_string make garbage.
      Doesn\'t your vim appear garbage when redraw intro?

      This reason is that HanExtTextOut draw few char
      when lpString is \"\" and cbCount is not 0.

      I made small patch.
      Message 2 of 4 , May 16, 2001
        Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

        > Win32\'s gui_mch_draw_string make garbage.
        > Doesn\'t your vim appear garbage when redraw intro?
        >
        > This reason is that HanExtTextOut draw few char
        > when lpString is \"\" and cbCount is not 0.
        >
        > I made small patch.

        I don't understand why this is needed. If HanExtTextOut() is called with an
        empty string but non-zero length, there must be something wrong before this
        happened. But I don't see how this can happen. And when it does happen, why
        isn't there more that goes wrong?

        --
        ARTHUR: Who are you?
        TALL KNIGHT: We are the Knights Who Say "Ni"!

      • mattn@mail.goo.ne.jp
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 9, 2001
          Bram@... wrote:
          [snip]
          > I don't understand why this is needed. If HanExtTextOut() is called with an
          > empty string but non-zero length, there must be something wrong before this
          > happened. But I don't see how this can happen. And when it does happen, why
          > isn't there more that goes wrong?

          Mmm?
          I was convinced that this patch was included.

          When I use vim60af, It happend.
          But vim60ap does not have this problem.

          Another solution may make this problem fix.
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 9, 2001
            Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

            > Bram@... wrote:
            > [snip]
            > > I don't understand why this is needed. If HanExtTextOut() is called with
            > > an empty string but non-zero length, there must be something wrong before
            > > this happened. But I don't see how this can happen. And when it does
            > > happen, why isn't there more that goes wrong?
            >
            > Mmm?
            > I was convinced that this patch was included.

            The date of this message was:

            Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:43:20 +0200

            Apparently some very old messages of me are now being sent out... It's like a
            message in a bottle that has been floating over the Ocean for months!

            > When I use vim60af, It happend.
            > But vim60ap does not have this problem.
            >
            > Another solution may make this problem fix.

            I think this problem was fixed quite a long time ago.

            --
            FATHER: Make sure the Prince doesn't leave this room until I come and
            get him.