Re: XIM input status in vim6.0 [test patch]

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 21, 2001
      Nam SungHyun wrote:

      > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > >
      > > Steven Mueller wrote:
      > >
      > > > I decided to look into setting up a vim variable v:preediting
      > > > (probably not the best of names...). Getting this working wasn't
      > > > difficult, but I can't seem to get the status line to refresh when
      > > > preedit mode is activated or deactivated.
      > >
      > > Thanks for looking into this. I'm not sure if using a v: variable for
      > > this is the best choice, but we can think about that later.
      >
      > How about like this?

      Yes, I prefer this above using the statusline, because the statusline isn't
      always present.

      Still, when editing the command line there is no mode shown. This probably
      does require doing something with the cursor (color or shape). Or is there
      another way?

      I'll include this patch for now, we can further improve it later. I'll move
      the global variable to globals.h.

      --
      Microsoft's definition of a boolean: TRUE, FALSE, MAYBE
      "Embrace and extend"...?