Re: Re: fix for multibyte support of command line

  • Nam SungHyun
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 16, 2001
      mattn@... wrote:
      > namsh@... wrote:
      > > This patch has a side-effect. Try this:
      > >
      > > :let x = input(\"What? \")
      > >
      > > Now, cursor goes to \'h\' in \'What\'.
      > > OT) With or without this patch, (guess \'MULT\' is multibyte).
      > > Now, \'T\' has cursor background. It\'s console version.
      > > Because GUI use thin cursor, no problem.
      > >
      > > I apply several patch from vim-dev, so I didn\'t test this patch with
      > > clean vim60aa.
      > >

      > Please try this.
      > This is patch considered ccline.cmdindent.

      It fixes the problem.

      > What multibyte do you use?

      I'm Korean.

      I should adjust your patch manuallly.
      Because previous patch is for 4 files, I guessed you made a patch
      against your previous patch. So, if someone who apply previous patch
      want to try this patch, then revert ex_getln.c only, and apply
      this patch.

      Thanks.

      namsh
    • vim-multibyte-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 16, 2001
        Hi, Bram and Namsh , all

        namsh@... wrote:
        > I should adjust your patch manuallly.
        > Because previous patch is for 4 files, I guessed you made a patch
        > against your previous patch. So, if someone who apply previous patch
        > want to try this patch, then revert ex_getln.c only, and apply
        > this patch.

        Oh, mistake. X-(

        Below is the correction version of the patch sent lately.
        (fix of command line and titlebar, considered ccline.cmdindent)
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 16, 2001
          Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

          > > This patch has a side-effect. Try this:
          > >
          > > :let x = input(\"What? \")
          > >
          > > Now, cursor goes to \'h\' in \'What\'.
          > > OT) With or without this patch, (guess \'MULT\' is multibyte).
          > > Now, \'T\' has cursor background. It\'s console version.
          > > Because GUI use thin cursor, no problem.
          > >
          > > I apply several patch from vim-dev, so I didn\'t test this patch with
          > > clean vim60aa.
          >
          > Please try this.
          > This is patch considered ccline.cmdindent.

          I have already fixed this problem in a slightly different way. Please check
          the next version if it does everything right.

          165. You have a web page burned into your glasses