Re: Re: fix for multibyte support of command line

  • vim-multibyte-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 16, 2001
      namsh@... wrote:
      > This patch has a side-effect. Try this:
      >
      > :let x = input(\"What? \")
      >
      > Now, cursor goes to \'h\' in \'What\'.
      > OT) With or without this patch, (guess \'MULT\' is multibyte).
      > Now, \'T\' has cursor background. It\'s console version.
      > Because GUI use thin cursor, no problem.
      >
      > I apply several patch from vim-dev, so I didn\'t test this patch with
      > clean vim60aa.

      Please try this.
      This is patch considered ccline.cmdindent.

      What multibyte do you use?
    • Nam SungHyun
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 16, 2001
        mattn@... wrote:
        > namsh@... wrote:
        > > This patch has a side-effect. Try this:
        > >
        > > :let x = input(\"What? \")
        > >
        > > Now, cursor goes to \'h\' in \'What\'.
        > > OT) With or without this patch, (guess \'MULT\' is multibyte).
        > > Now, \'T\' has cursor background. It\'s console version.
        > > Because GUI use thin cursor, no problem.
        > >
        > > I apply several patch from vim-dev, so I didn\'t test this patch with
        > > clean vim60aa.
        > >

        > Please try this.
        > This is patch considered ccline.cmdindent.

        It fixes the problem.

        > What multibyte do you use?

        I'm Korean.

        I should adjust your patch manuallly.
        Because previous patch is for 4 files, I guessed you made a patch
        against your previous patch. So, if someone who apply previous patch
        want to try this patch, then revert ex_getln.c only, and apply
        this patch.

        Thanks.

        namsh
      • vim-multibyte-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 16, 2001
          Hi, Bram and Namsh , all

          namsh@... wrote:
          > I should adjust your patch manuallly.
          > Because previous patch is for 4 files, I guessed you made a patch
          > against your previous patch. So, if someone who apply previous patch
          > want to try this patch, then revert ex_getln.c only, and apply
          > this patch.

          Oh, mistake. X-(

          Below is the correction version of the patch sent lately.
          (fix of command line and titlebar, considered ccline.cmdindent)
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 16, 2001
            Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

            > > This patch has a side-effect. Try this:
            > >
            > > :let x = input(\"What? \")
            > >
            > > Now, cursor goes to \'h\' in \'What\'.
            > > OT) With or without this patch, (guess \'MULT\' is multibyte).
            > > Now, \'T\' has cursor background. It\'s console version.
            > > Because GUI use thin cursor, no problem.
            > >
            > > I apply several patch from vim-dev, so I didn\'t test this patch with
            > > clean vim60aa.
            >
            > Please try this.
            > This is patch considered ccline.cmdindent.

            I have already fixed this problem in a slightly different way. Please check
            the next version if it does everything right.

            165. You have a web page burned into your glasses