Re: fix for multibyte support of command line

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 13, 2001
      Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

      > I made the patch of multibyte support for command line.
      > It have support of title too.

      Thanks. Apparently the title problem went unnoticed so far. Now that I see
      this, I remember a similar problem being solved for messages. I'll try to
      merge the code.

      I noticed the code does not work for UTF-8. I'll look into adding that.

      139. You down your lunch in five minutes, at your desk, so you can
      spend the rest of the hour surfing the Net.

    • vim-multibyte-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 16, 2001
        namsh@... wrote:
        > This patch has a side-effect. Try this:
        >
        > :let x = input(\"What? \")
        >
        > Now, cursor goes to \'h\' in \'What\'.
        > OT) With or without this patch, (guess \'MULT\' is multibyte).
        > Now, \'T\' has cursor background. It\'s console version.
        > Because GUI use thin cursor, no problem.
        >
        > I apply several patch from vim-dev, so I didn\'t test this patch with
        > clean vim60aa.

        Please try this.
        This is patch considered ccline.cmdindent.

        What multibyte do you use?
      • Nam SungHyun
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 16, 2001
          mattn@... wrote:
          > namsh@... wrote:
          > > This patch has a side-effect. Try this:
          > >
          > > :let x = input(\"What? \")
          > >
          > > Now, cursor goes to \'h\' in \'What\'.
          > > OT) With or without this patch, (guess \'MULT\' is multibyte).
          > > Now, \'T\' has cursor background. It\'s console version.
          > > Because GUI use thin cursor, no problem.
          > >
          > > I apply several patch from vim-dev, so I didn\'t test this patch with
          > > clean vim60aa.
          > >

          > Please try this.
          > This is patch considered ccline.cmdindent.

          It fixes the problem.

          > What multibyte do you use?

          I'm Korean.

          I should adjust your patch manuallly.
          Because previous patch is for 4 files, I guessed you made a patch
          against your previous patch. So, if someone who apply previous patch
          want to try this patch, then revert ex_getln.c only, and apply
          this patch.

          Thanks.

          namsh
        • vim-multibyte-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 16, 2001
            Hi, Bram and Namsh , all

            namsh@... wrote:
            > I should adjust your patch manuallly.
            > Because previous patch is for 4 files, I guessed you made a patch
            > against your previous patch. So, if someone who apply previous patch
            > want to try this patch, then revert ex_getln.c only, and apply
            > this patch.

            Oh, mistake. X-(

            Below is the correction version of the patch sent lately.
            (fix of command line and titlebar, considered ccline.cmdindent)
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 16, 2001
              Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

              > > This patch has a side-effect. Try this:
              > >
              > > :let x = input(\"What? \")
              > >
              > > Now, cursor goes to \'h\' in \'What\'.
              > > OT) With or without this patch, (guess \'MULT\' is multibyte).
              > > Now, \'T\' has cursor background. It\'s console version.
              > > Because GUI use thin cursor, no problem.
              > >
              > > I apply several patch from vim-dev, so I didn\'t test this patch with
              > > clean vim60aa.
              >
              > Please try this.
              > This is patch considered ccline.cmdindent.

              I have already fixed this problem in a slightly different way. Please check
              the next version if it does everything right.

              165. You have a web page burned into your glasses