fix for multibyte support of command line

  • vim-multibyte-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 13, 2001
      I made the patch of multibyte support for command line.
      It have support of title too.

      This is the screen shot while editing Japanese.
      http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA020411/Vim/mbyted_vim.png

      Enjoy Multibyte Vim!
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 13, 2001
        Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

        > I made the patch of multibyte support for command line.
        > It have support of title too.

        Thanks. Apparently the title problem went unnoticed so far. Now that I see
        this, I remember a similar problem being solved for messages. I'll try to
        merge the code.

        I noticed the code does not work for UTF-8. I'll look into adding that.

        139. You down your lunch in five minutes, at your desk, so you can
        spend the rest of the hour surfing the Net.

      • vim-multibyte-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 16, 2001
          namsh@... wrote:
          > This patch has a side-effect. Try this:
          >
          > :let x = input(\"What? \")
          >
          > Now, cursor goes to \'h\' in \'What\'.
          > OT) With or without this patch, (guess \'MULT\' is multibyte).
          > Now, \'T\' has cursor background. It\'s console version.
          > Because GUI use thin cursor, no problem.
          >
          > I apply several patch from vim-dev, so I didn\'t test this patch with
          > clean vim60aa.

          Please try this.
          This is patch considered ccline.cmdindent.

          What multibyte do you use?
        • Nam SungHyun
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 16, 2001
            mattn@... wrote:
            > namsh@... wrote:
            > > This patch has a side-effect. Try this:
            > >
            > > :let x = input(\"What? \")
            > >
            > > Now, cursor goes to \'h\' in \'What\'.
            > > OT) With or without this patch, (guess \'MULT\' is multibyte).
            > > Now, \'T\' has cursor background. It\'s console version.
            > > Because GUI use thin cursor, no problem.
            > >
            > > I apply several patch from vim-dev, so I didn\'t test this patch with
            > > clean vim60aa.
            > >

            > Please try this.
            > This is patch considered ccline.cmdindent.

            It fixes the problem.

            > What multibyte do you use?

            I'm Korean.

            I should adjust your patch manuallly.
            Because previous patch is for 4 files, I guessed you made a patch
            against your previous patch. So, if someone who apply previous patch
            want to try this patch, then revert ex_getln.c only, and apply
            this patch.

            Thanks.

            namsh
          • vim-multibyte-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 16, 2001
              Hi, Bram and Namsh , all

              namsh@... wrote:
              > I should adjust your patch manuallly.
              > Because previous patch is for 4 files, I guessed you made a patch
              > against your previous patch. So, if someone who apply previous patch
              > want to try this patch, then revert ex_getln.c only, and apply
              > this patch.

              Oh, mistake. X-(

              Below is the correction version of the patch sent lately.
              (fix of command line and titlebar, considered ccline.cmdindent)
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 16, 2001
                Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

                > > This patch has a side-effect. Try this:
                > >
                > > :let x = input(\"What? \")
                > >
                > > Now, cursor goes to \'h\' in \'What\'.
                > > OT) With or without this patch, (guess \'MULT\' is multibyte).
                > > Now, \'T\' has cursor background. It\'s console version.
                > > Because GUI use thin cursor, no problem.
                > >
                > > I apply several patch from vim-dev, so I didn\'t test this patch with
                > > clean vim60aa.
                >
                > Please try this.
                > This is patch considered ccline.cmdindent.

                I have already fixed this problem in a slightly different way. Please check
                the next version if it does everything right.

                165. You have a web page burned into your glasses