Re: vim60z multibyte yank or visual select problem

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
      Nam SungHyun wrote:

      > If 'XXYYZZ' is multibyte, I get 'XXYY ' by '^VeyP'.
      > I get whole word by 'yeP'.

      I don't see this with utf-8 or euc-jp text. Any settings that matter?
      Especially the 'selection' option.

      --
      An easy way to determine if you have enough teamwork to be doomed is simply to
      measure how long it takes from the time you decide to go to lunch together

    • Nam SungHyun
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
        Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Nam SungHyun wrote:
        >
        > > If 'XXYYZZ' is multibyte, I get 'XXYY ' by '^VeyP'.
        > > I get whole word by 'yeP'.
        >
        > I don't see this with utf-8 or euc-jp text. Any settings that matter?
        > Especially the 'selection' option.

        :set selection?
        selection=inclusive

        Now, I see it's a bug of 'virtualedit=block'.
        If I commented out 'set virtualedit=block', the problem gone.

        regards,

        namsh
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
          Nam SungHyun wrote:

          > > > If 'XXYYZZ' is multibyte, I get 'XXYY ' by '^VeyP'.
          > > > I get whole word by 'yeP'.
          > >
          > > I don't see this with utf-8 or euc-jp text. Any settings that matter?
          > > Especially the 'selection' option.
          >
          > :set selection?
          > selection=inclusive
          >
          > Now, I see it's a bug of 'virtualedit=block'.
          > If I commented out 'set virtualedit=block', the problem gone.

          Ah, now I can reproduce it. Another one for the todo list...

          --
          Our job was to build a computer information system for the branch banks. We
          were the perfect people for the job: Dean had seen a computer once, and I had