vim60z multibyte yank or visual select problem

  • Nam SungHyun
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
      Hello,

      If 'XXYYZZ' is multibyte, I get 'XXYY ' by '^VeyP'.
      I get whole word by 'yeP'.

      regards,

      namsh
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
        Nam SungHyun wrote:

        > If 'XXYYZZ' is multibyte, I get 'XXYY ' by '^VeyP'.
        > I get whole word by 'yeP'.

        I don't see this with utf-8 or euc-jp text. Any settings that matter?
        Especially the 'selection' option.

        --
        An easy way to determine if you have enough teamwork to be doomed is simply to
        measure how long it takes from the time you decide to go to lunch together

      • Nam SungHyun
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
          Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          > Nam SungHyun wrote:
          >
          > > If 'XXYYZZ' is multibyte, I get 'XXYY ' by '^VeyP'.
          > > I get whole word by 'yeP'.
          >
          > I don't see this with utf-8 or euc-jp text. Any settings that matter?
          > Especially the 'selection' option.

          :set selection?
          selection=inclusive

          Now, I see it's a bug of 'virtualedit=block'.
          If I commented out 'set virtualedit=block', the problem gone.

          regards,

          namsh
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
            Nam SungHyun wrote:

            > > > If 'XXYYZZ' is multibyte, I get 'XXYY ' by '^VeyP'.
            > > > I get whole word by 'yeP'.
            > >
            > > I don't see this with utf-8 or euc-jp text. Any settings that matter?
            > > Especially the 'selection' option.
            >
            > :set selection?
            > selection=inclusive
            >
            > Now, I see it's a bug of 'virtualedit=block'.
            > If I commented out 'set virtualedit=block', the problem gone.

            Ah, now I can reproduce it. Another one for the todo list...

            --
            Our job was to build a computer information system for the branch banks. We
            were the perfect people for the job: Dean had seen a computer once, and I had