Vim presentations in the Netherlands

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
      There will be two conferences at which I will give a speech related to Vim.
      Both are in the Netherlands, in "De Reehorst", Ede.

      Tuesday October 10: Linux2000 conference http://www.linux2000.nl

      Time: 12.10 - 12.55
      Title: The continuing story of Vim

      Entrance is free, but you do need to register in advance. See the web site.
      The conference starts on Monday. Eric S. Raymond will do two speeches, should
      be interesting.

      Thursday November 9: NLUUG najaarsconferentie http://www.nluug.nl

      Time: 15:30 - 16:15
      Title: Seven habits of effective text editing

      I'm not sure if the entrance is free. It certainly is for members of the
      NLUUG. Check the web site.

      I expect to do both speeches in Dutch, but if there are a few people who don't
      understand Dutch I'll switch to English.

      130. You can't get out of your desk even if it's time to eat or time
      to go to the bathroom.

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2000
        Yesterday I have done a presentation on the Linux2000 conference in Ede,
        Holland. About a hundred people attended and hopefully enjoyed it.
        The conference was quite interesting and well attended (about 1500 attendees).
        Eric S. Raymond did two speeches. He has a nice way of explaining things!

        For those who are interested, the paper and presentation slides (with notes)
        of the presentation I did are available on my web site:
        http://www.moolenaar.net

        The paper is small and plain text. The presentation is in PowerPoint format,
        about 230 Kbyte. I also added a PostScript version of it, but it's very big
        (over 600 Kbyte when gzip'ed) and in ghostview it didn't look nice. But it's
        readable. If someone knows how to make a better PostScript file (or PDF), let
        me know.

        The presentation I will do on November 9, at the NLUUG najaarsconferentie,
        will be a completely different one:

        Thursday November 9: NLUUG najaarsconferentie
        Location: the Netherlands, in Ede.

        Time: 15:30 - 16:15
        Title: Seven habits of effective text editing

        I'm not sure if the entrance is free. It certainly is for members of the
        NLUUG. Check the web site.

        I expect to do the speech in Dutch, but if there are a few people who don't