Re: Patch 5.6.037 causes a side effect

  • Takuhiro Nishioka
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 26, 2000
      Sung-Hyun Nam wrote:
      > So, you want that patch removed...

      Yes. Or, if possible, I would like to have some other
      solution for "f" like commands with multibyte.

      > I hope Hwang send it to list, because I don't know well about it.
      > I cannot explain anything if someone want to comment about it...
      > Anyway I will send it to you.

      Thanks!

      I've tested with Gtk GUI version Vim 5.7. This is great.
      But here is one problem.

      When connecting to XIM, pressing CTRL key makes GVim
      hangs.

      --
      Takuhiro Nishioka mailto:takuhiro@...
    • Sung-Hyun Nam
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 26, 2000
        Takuhiro Nishioka wrote:
        > Sung-Hyun Nam wrote:
        > > So, you want that patch removed...
        >
        > Yes. Or, if possible, I would like to have some other
        > solution for "f" like commands with multibyte.

        If possible, your IM server should act like mine.
        Then you can also live with rxvt+vim.

        Anyway with a problem below, this is not related to Korean, I believe.
        I don't understand your situation. I hope Japanese fix these
        problem.

        > > I hope Hwang send it to list, because I don't know well about it.
        > > I cannot explain anything if someone want to comment about it...
        > > Anyway I will send it to you.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > I've tested with Gtk GUI version Vim 5.7. This is great.
        > But here is one problem.
        >
        > When connecting to XIM, pressing CTRL key makes GVim
        > hangs.

        I have no problem with CTRL key. I always use c-f c-b ... in normal
        mode and c-i ... in insert mode.
        It may be related to your IM server or is there special ctrl+? key
        to make gvim hangs?

        regards,

        namsh
      • Takuhiro Nishioka
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 26, 2000
          Sung-Hyun Nam wrote:
          > I have no problem with CTRL key. I always use c-f c-b ... in normal
          > mode and c-i ... in insert mode.
          > It may be related to your IM server or is there special ctrl+? key
          > to make gvim hangs?

          I'm sorry for didn't mention that, this problem happenes
          with OnTheSpot patch. I'm using FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE,
          XFree86 4.0. My XIM is kinput2 version 3 with Canna
          Kana-Kanji conversion server.

          Thanks to this patch, we can use OnTheSpot. Setting
          input-stype to OnTheSpot. For anyone that doesn't know
          OnTheSpot, I'll explain it.

          Here is a line, where ".." and ",," is multibyte
          characters.

          ~~<- cursor is here

          Using OnTheSpot input-style, preediting text "-------" is
          dynamically displayed.