Re: cls() for Korean.r

  • Chong-Dae Park
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 17, 2000
      On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 03:59:26AM +0900, Takuhiro Nishioka wrote:
      > Yes, I believe so. And in Korean, I thought there are
      > both space-based style and non-space-based style, is this
      > correct?

      When writing Korean, we place space between words. And line-breaking can
      be placed anywhere. (However breaking-between-words is preferred)

      BTW, I think that two types of *word-motions*(w and W) could be treated
      differently in Japanese, too.
      Is there a idea for Japanese (that does not use white space)?
      (One Idea is treating KANA and KANJI as a same class in 'W' command.)

      --
      Chong-Dae Park
      -- ' Clarke's Third Law
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 17, 2000
        Park Chong-Dae wrote:
        > When writing Korean, we place space between words. And line-breaking can
        > be placed anywhere. (However breaking-between-words is preferred)

        I see.

        > BTW, I think that two types of *word-motions*(w and W) could be treated
        > differently in Japanese, too.

        Yes, yes.

        > Is there a idea for Japanese (that does not use white space)?
        > (One Idea is treating KANA and KANJI as a same class in 'W' command.)

        Just the same idea is already implemented, probably by
        K.Nagano at Vim 5.4x. When setting 'fileencoding' to
        "japan", 'w' and 'W' stops at KANA-KANJI boundary.

        --
        Takuhiro Nishioka mailto:takuhiro@...