Re: [vim-multibyte] cls() for Korean.

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 17, 2000
      Chong-Dae Park wrote:

      > I add Korean support and fix two bugs in cls() on search.c:
      > 1. IsLeadByte(c) may not work correctly. (see gchar_cursor())
      > 2. For DBCS letter, vim doesnot care 'stype'.
      > I know that in Japanese, spacing is not used in writing.
      > Is this true for Chinese? I have no idea.
      >
      > This patch is based on vim5.7a.

      I'll include that IsLeadByte() fix in Vim 5.7. The rest looks more like
      adding a new feature, I'll put that in Vim 6.0.

      Thanks!

      46. Your wife makes a new rule: "The computer cannot come to bed."

    • Chong-Dae Park
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 17, 2000
        On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 03:59:26AM +0900, Takuhiro Nishioka wrote:
        > Yes, I believe so. And in Korean, I thought there are
        > both space-based style and non-space-based style, is this
        > correct?

        When writing Korean, we place space between words. And line-breaking can
        be placed anywhere. (However breaking-between-words is preferred)

        BTW, I think that two types of *word-motions*(w and W) could be treated
        differently in Japanese, too.
        Is there a idea for Japanese (that does not use white space)?
        (One Idea is treating KANA and KANJI as a same class in 'W' command.)

        --
        Chong-Dae Park
        -- ' Clarke's Third Law
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 17, 2000
          Park Chong-Dae wrote:
          > When writing Korean, we place space between words. And line-breaking can
          > be placed anywhere. (However breaking-between-words is preferred)

          I see.

          > BTW, I think that two types of *word-motions*(w and W) could be treated
          > differently in Japanese, too.

          Yes, yes.

          > Is there a idea for Japanese (that does not use white space)?
          > (One Idea is treating KANA and KANJI as a same class in 'W' command.)

          Just the same idea is already implemented, probably by
          K.Nagano at Vim 5.4x. When setting 'fileencoding' to
          "japan", 'w' and 'W' stops at KANA-KANJI boundary.

          --
          Takuhiro Nishioka mailto:takuhiro@...