Re: cls() for Korean.

  • Takuhiro Nishioka
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 17, 2000
      Park Chong-Dae wrote:
      > I know that in Japanese, spacing is not used in writing.
      > Is this true for Chinese? I have no idea.

      Yes, I believe so. And in Korean, I thought there are
      both space-based style and non-space-based style, is this
      correct?

      http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr14/tr14-6.html

      --
      Takuhiro Nishioka mailto:takuhiro@...
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 17, 2000
        Chong-Dae Park wrote:

        > I add Korean support and fix two bugs in cls() on search.c:
        > 1. IsLeadByte(c) may not work correctly. (see gchar_cursor())
        > 2. For DBCS letter, vim doesnot care 'stype'.
        > I know that in Japanese, spacing is not used in writing.
        > Is this true for Chinese? I have no idea.
        >
        > This patch is based on vim5.7a.

        I'll include that IsLeadByte() fix in Vim 5.7. The rest looks more like
        adding a new feature, I'll put that in Vim 6.0.

        Thanks!

        46. Your wife makes a new rule: "The computer cannot come to bed."

      • Chong-Dae Park
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 17, 2000
          On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 03:59:26AM +0900, Takuhiro Nishioka wrote:
          > Yes, I believe so. And in Korean, I thought there are
          > both space-based style and non-space-based style, is this
          > correct?

          When writing Korean, we place space between words. And line-breaking can
          be placed anywhere. (However breaking-between-words is preferred)

          BTW, I think that two types of *word-motions*(w and W) could be treated
          differently in Japanese, too.
          Is there a idea for Japanese (that does not use white space)?
          (One Idea is treating KANA and KANJI as a same class in 'W' command.)

          --
          Chong-Dae Park
          -- ' Clarke's Third Law
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 17, 2000
            Park Chong-Dae wrote:
            > When writing Korean, we place space between words. And line-breaking can
            > be placed anywhere. (However breaking-between-words is preferred)

            I see.

            > BTW, I think that two types of *word-motions*(w and W) could be treated
            > differently in Japanese, too.

            Yes, yes.

            > Is there a idea for Japanese (that does not use white space)?
            > (One Idea is treating KANA and KANJI as a same class in 'W' command.)

            Just the same idea is already implemented, probably by
            K.Nagano at Vim 5.4x. When setting 'fileencoding' to
            "japan", 'w' and 'W' stops at KANA-KANJI boundary.

            --
            Takuhiro Nishioka mailto:takuhiro@...