Re: cls() for Korean.

  • Chong-Dae Park
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 17, 2000
      On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 02:38:44AM +0900, Taro Muraoka wrote:
      > I approve your patch except one little thing.

      Yes. I made newer one.

      --
      Chong-Dae Park
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 17, 2000
        Park Chong-Dae wrote:
        > I know that in Japanese, spacing is not used in writing.
        > Is this true for Chinese? I have no idea.

        Yes, I believe so. And in Korean, I thought there are
        both space-based style and non-space-based style, is this
        correct?

        http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr14/tr14-6.html

        --
        Takuhiro Nishioka mailto:takuhiro@...
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 17, 2000
          Chong-Dae Park wrote:

          > I add Korean support and fix two bugs in cls() on search.c:
          > 1. IsLeadByte(c) may not work correctly. (see gchar_cursor())
          > 2. For DBCS letter, vim doesnot care 'stype'.
          > I know that in Japanese, spacing is not used in writing.
          > Is this true for Chinese? I have no idea.
          >
          > This patch is based on vim5.7a.

          I'll include that IsLeadByte() fix in Vim 5.7. The rest looks more like
          adding a new feature, I'll put that in Vim 6.0.

          Thanks!

          46. Your wife makes a new rule: "The computer cannot come to bed."

        • Chong-Dae Park
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 17, 2000
            On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 03:59:26AM +0900, Takuhiro Nishioka wrote:
            > Yes, I believe so. And in Korean, I thought there are
            > both space-based style and non-space-based style, is this
            > correct?

            When writing Korean, we place space between words. And line-breaking can
            be placed anywhere. (However breaking-between-words is preferred)

            BTW, I think that two types of *word-motions*(w and W) could be treated
            differently in Japanese, too.
            Is there a idea for Japanese (that does not use white space)?
            (One Idea is treating KANA and KANJI as a same class in 'W' command.)

            --
            Chong-Dae Park
            -- ' Clarke's Third Law
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 17, 2000
              Park Chong-Dae wrote:
              > When writing Korean, we place space between words. And line-breaking can
              > be placed anywhere. (However breaking-between-words is preferred)

              I see.

              > BTW, I think that two types of *word-motions*(w and W) could be treated
              > differently in Japanese, too.

              Yes, yes.

              > Is there a idea for Japanese (that does not use white space)?
              > (One Idea is treating KANA and KANJI as a same class in 'W' command.)

              Just the same idea is already implemented, probably by
              K.Nagano at Vim 5.4x. When setting 'fileencoding' to
              "japan", 'w' and 'W' stops at KANA-KANJI boundary.

              --
              Takuhiro Nishioka mailto:takuhiro@...