Re: Plans for Vim 7.4

  • h_east
    Message 1 of 9 , May 10 2:18 AM
      Hi, Bram and list

      2013/5/9(Thu) 12:51:48 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
      > Hello Vim users,
      >
      > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
      >
      > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
      >
      > Vim 7.4!

      In recent years, the resolution of the display device is up. But the statusline of Vim will remains 1 line.
      So, I wrote multi-lined statusline patch.
      But it has not been completed. (80% complete)
      Patch:
      https://gist.github.com/h-east/3158492/raw/97f28a9db549e6ac1a33eb4b9903c24795c14d68/vim_multi_statusline.patch
      Specification:
      English (See the patch of runtime/doc/options.txt)
      Add 'statuslineheight' option. (global or local to window option)
      Add '@' item to 'statusline' option.
      Add has('multi_statusline') for Vim script
      Japanese
      https://github.com/vim-jp/issues/issues/225#issuecomment-8045983

      Remaining works:
      - Write more document for ':help'.
      - When global and local option mixed use, often crashes Vim.
      - <C-W>= is not equals window height.
      - Add more test.
      - Add feature to multi-lined tabline. (Optional)

      Are you getting interested?

      Best regards,
      Hirohito Higashi

      ---
    • h_east
      Message 2 of 9 , May 10 2:24 AM
        Ah, Sample screenshot attached.

        Best regards,
        Hirohito Higashi

        ---
        Message 3 of 9 , May 21 4:05 AM
          Ron Aaron wrote:

          > I know it's late to vote, but some sort of sane 'gdb' integration would
          > be supremely useful. I haven't found any packages for this that don't
          > involve a lot of setup.

          There are several implementations, including my own "Agide".
          Pick one that is the best and improve it...
          Most likely it won't require more than a few changes inside Vim itself.

          --
          Corn oil comes from corn and olive oil comes from olives, so where
          does baby oil come from?

          ---
        • ZyX
          Message 4 of 9 , May 22 8:02 PM
            > BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

            Really? Check out :h 'indentexpr'. It could be modified, but you will either have to do some hacks relying on cindent() result or rewrite everything what is there in C code in other language.

            ---