Re: Plans for Vim 7.4

    Message 1 of 9 , May 9, 2013
      Yichao Zhou wrote:

      > Here is a tex indent file update.

      Thanks!

      --
      "My particular problem is with registry entries, which seem to just
      accumulate like plastic coffee cups..." -- Paul Moore

      ---
    • h_east
      Message 2 of 9 , May 10, 2013
        Hi, Bram and list

        2013/5/9(Thu) 12:51:48 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
        > Hello Vim users,
        >
        > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
        >
        > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
        >
        > Vim 7.4!

        In recent years, the resolution of the display device is up. But the statusline of Vim will remains 1 line.
        So, I wrote multi-lined statusline patch.
        But it has not been completed. (80% complete)
        Patch:
        https://gist.github.com/h-east/3158492/raw/97f28a9db549e6ac1a33eb4b9903c24795c14d68/vim_multi_statusline.patch
        Specification:
        English (See the patch of runtime/doc/options.txt)
        Add 'statuslineheight' option. (global or local to window option)
        Add '@' item to 'statusline' option.
        Add has('multi_statusline') for Vim script
        Japanese
        https://github.com/vim-jp/issues/issues/225#issuecomment-8045983

        Remaining works:
        - Write more document for ':help'.
        - When global and local option mixed use, often crashes Vim.
        - <C-W>= is not equals window height.
        - Add more test.
        - Add feature to multi-lined tabline. (Optional)

        Are you getting interested?

        Best regards,
        Hirohito Higashi

        ---
      • h_east
        Message 3 of 9 , May 10, 2013
          Ah, Sample screenshot attached.

          Best regards,
          Hirohito Higashi

          ---
          Message 4 of 9 , May 21, 2013
            Ron Aaron wrote:

            > I know it's late to vote, but some sort of sane 'gdb' integration would
            > be supremely useful. I haven't found any packages for this that don't
            > involve a lot of setup.

            There are several implementations, including my own "Agide".
            Pick one that is the best and improve it...
            Most likely it won't require more than a few changes inside Vim itself.

            --
            Corn oil comes from corn and olive oil comes from olives, so where
            does baby oil come from?

            ---
          • ZyX
            Message 5 of 9 , May 22, 2013
              > BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

              Really? Check out :h 'indentexpr'. It could be modified, but you will either have to do some hacks relying on cindent() result or rewrite everything what is there in C code in other language.

              ---