Re: Plans for Vim 7.4

  • ZyX
    Message 1 of 9 , May 9 7:35 AM
      > 1. Include the Python patches that ZyX has created. This improves the
      > Vim API from the Python interface.

      I just wanted to write an RFC with new interfaces. These are even bigger changes, so it would be bad idea to start writing them without discussion. But these are unlikely to be written before the end of May.

      ---
      Message 2 of 9 , May 9 11:15 AM
        Yichao Zhou wrote:

        > Here is a tex indent file update.

        Thanks!

        --
        "My particular problem is with registry entries, which seem to just
        accumulate like plastic coffee cups..." -- Paul Moore

        ---
      • h_east
        Message 3 of 9 , May 10 2:18 AM
          Hi, Bram and list

          2013/5/9(Thu) 12:51:48 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
          > Hello Vim users,
          >
          > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
          >
          > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
          >
          > Vim 7.4!

          In recent years, the resolution of the display device is up. But the statusline of Vim will remains 1 line.
          So, I wrote multi-lined statusline patch.
          But it has not been completed. (80% complete)
          Patch:
          https://gist.github.com/h-east/3158492/raw/97f28a9db549e6ac1a33eb4b9903c24795c14d68/vim_multi_statusline.patch
          Specification:
          English (See the patch of runtime/doc/options.txt)
          Add 'statuslineheight' option. (global or local to window option)
          Add '@' item to 'statusline' option.
          Add has('multi_statusline') for Vim script
          Japanese
          https://github.com/vim-jp/issues/issues/225#issuecomment-8045983

          Remaining works:
          - Write more document for ':help'.
          - When global and local option mixed use, often crashes Vim.
          - <C-W>= is not equals window height.
          - Add more test.
          - Add feature to multi-lined tabline. (Optional)

          Are you getting interested?

          Best regards,
          Hirohito Higashi

          ---
        • h_east
          Message 4 of 9 , May 10 2:24 AM
            Ah, Sample screenshot attached.

            Best regards,
            Hirohito Higashi

            ---
            Message 5 of 9 , May 21 4:05 AM
              Ron Aaron wrote:

              > I know it's late to vote, but some sort of sane 'gdb' integration would
              > be supremely useful. I haven't found any packages for this that don't
              > involve a lot of setup.

              There are several implementations, including my own "Agide".
              Pick one that is the best and improve it...
              Most likely it won't require more than a few changes inside Vim itself.

              --
              Corn oil comes from corn and olive oil comes from olives, so where
              does baby oil come from?

              ---
            • ZyX
              Message 6 of 9 , May 22 8:02 PM
                > BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

                Really? Check out :h 'indentexpr'. It could be modified, but you will either have to do some hacks relying on cindent() result or rewrite everything what is there in C code in other language.

                ---