RE: python3 and multibyte strings

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2012
      Stanislav Kondratyev wrote:
      > I run the following commands:
      > :py3 import vim
      > :py3 vim.current.line = vim.current.line
      > Surprisingly last 16½ of 33 characters disappear.

      In principle vim_multibyte is the correct mailing list, but in
      practice it is not used much any more.

      I think you should repost in vim_dev because it sounds like a
      bug that should be addressed there (or vim_use would do).

      I do not have Python 3 installed, but do have 2.7. That version
      works fine performing your test. I also did:

      :py vim.current.line = vim.current.line + ' hello'

      which correctly appended "hello" to the 33 characters.

      Please try a simpler test case. If you can show a problem with
      the following line, just mention that.

      aàáâãä

      In case my mail system corrupts the above text, you can
      reproduce it in Vim by executing the following two commands:

      :let s = "a\u00e0\u00e1\u00e2\u00e3\u00e4"
      :put =s

      John

    • Stanislav Kondratyev
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2012
        Thanks, John! I'm going to repost that in the proper place.

        Stanislav.