Vim charity financial results

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2012
      Hello Vim users,

      Vim's charity has done well in 2011. Thank you all for contributing to
      the lives of poor children in the south of Uganda!

      Currently about 90 children are being sponsored. One-time donations
      help many more children and support families in and around Kibaale with
      medical assistance, health education and more.

      The financial report can be found on the ICCF website:
      http://iccf-holland.org/jaarrekening2011en.pdf (English)
      http://iccf-holland.org/jaarrekening2011nl.pdf (Dutch)

      Currently we have more than a dozen children that have done very well in
      secondary school and are now studying at university level. Since quality
      of education has been going up many universities now require the
      students to work on a computer. But most of our students don't have one
      and struggle to use public computers, which slows down their studies
      significantly.

      I have thought of collecting second-hand laptops, but sending them to
      Uganda and getting them through customs is very difficult and expensive.
      Therefore I am asking for money, so that we can buy the computers in
      Uganda. This will also include a guarantee, laptops do break.

      A laptop costs about $600. We need this for about 8 students. Assuming
      a donation of $100, we need 48 Vim users to donate. Please help!
      How to make a donation: http://www.iccf.nl/donate.html

      If you can't afford a cash donation and/or want to get some movies,
      music, etc., please use the links on this page to buy at Amazon:
      http://www.iccf.nl/click1.html

      As a Vim user you might be interested to know that Monty Python and the
      Holy Grail is finally available on blu-ray! Direct links:

      http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0015GQ3EA/iccfholland
      http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006U8Y9CG/iccfholland04
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0016492BW/stichtingiccfhol

      Happy Vimming!

      - Bram

      227. You sleep next to your monitor. Or on top of it.

      You received this message from the "vim_announce" maillist.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2013
          Hello Vim users,

          Vim's charity has done quite well in 2012. Thank you all for
          contributing to the lives of poor children in the south of Uganda!

          Currently about 80 children are being sponsored. One-time donations
          help many more children and support families in and around Kibaale with
          medical assistance, health education and more.

          The financial report can be found on the ICCF website:
          http://iccf-holland.org/jaarrekening2012en.pdf (English)
          http://iccf-holland.org/jaarrekening2012nl.pdf (Dutch)

          A few sponsors stopped last year, while we have several children that
          keep asking us for a chance to study. We really hope we find new
          sponsors so that these children can learn a profession.

          --
          GUARD #1: What -- a swallow carrying a coconut?
          ARTHUR: It could grip it by the husk!