cls() for Korean.

  • Chong-Dae Park
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 17 2:02 AM
      multibyte one,

      I add Korean support and fix two bugs in cls() on search.c:
      1. IsLeadByte(c) may not work correctly. (see gchar_cursor())
      2. For DBCS letter, vim doesnot care 'stype'.
      I know that in Japanese, spacing is not used in writing.
      Is this true for Chinese? I have no idea.

      This patch is based on vim5.7a.

      --
      Chong-Dae Park
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 17 10:38 AM
        I approve your patch except one little thing.

        > 2. For DBCS letter, vim doesnot care 'stype'.
        > I know that in Japanese, spacing is not used in writing.
        > Is this true for Chinese? I have no idea.

        > + if (stype != 0 && is_dbcs != (int)DBCS_JPN)
        > + return 1;

        That should be:
        if (stype != 0 && is_dbcs == (int)DBCS_KOR)
        return 1;

        Because you only know it is needed in Korean. If spacing is used in
        writing Chinese (Only in Japanese it is not used), your way will not be
        so bad.
        ----
        Taro Muraoka <koron@...>
      • Chong-Dae Park
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 17 11:43 AM
          On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 02:38:44AM +0900, Taro Muraoka wrote:
          > I approve your patch except one little thing.

          Yes. I made newer one.

          --
          Chong-Dae Park
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 17 11:59 AM
            Park Chong-Dae wrote:
            > I know that in Japanese, spacing is not used in writing.
            > Is this true for Chinese? I have no idea.

            Yes, I believe so. And in Korean, I thought there are
            both space-based style and non-space-based style, is this
            correct?

            http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr14/tr14-6.html

            --
            Takuhiro Nishioka mailto:takuhiro@...
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 17 1:00 PM
              Chong-Dae Park wrote:

              > I add Korean support and fix two bugs in cls() on search.c:
              > 1. IsLeadByte(c) may not work correctly. (see gchar_cursor())
              > 2. For DBCS letter, vim doesnot care 'stype'.
              > I know that in Japanese, spacing is not used in writing.
              > Is this true for Chinese? I have no idea.
              >
              > This patch is based on vim5.7a.

              I'll include that IsLeadByte() fix in Vim 5.7. The rest looks more like
              adding a new feature, I'll put that in Vim 6.0.

              Thanks!

              46. Your wife makes a new rule: "The computer cannot come to bed."

            • Chong-Dae Park
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 17 1:03 PM
                On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 03:59:26AM +0900, Takuhiro Nishioka wrote:
                > Yes, I believe so. And in Korean, I thought there are
                > both space-based style and non-space-based style, is this
                > correct?

                When writing Korean, we place space between words. And line-breaking can
                be placed anywhere. (However breaking-between-words is preferred)

                BTW, I think that two types of *word-motions*(w and W) could be treated
                differently in Japanese, too.
                Is there a idea for Japanese (that does not use white space)?
                (One Idea is treating KANA and KANJI as a same class in 'W' command.)

                --
                Chong-Dae Park
                -- ' Clarke's Third Law
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 17 2:30 PM
                  Park Chong-Dae wrote:
                  > When writing Korean, we place space between words. And line-breaking can
                  > be placed anywhere. (However breaking-between-words is preferred)

                  I see.

                  > BTW, I think that two types of *word-motions*(w and W) could be treated
                  > differently in Japanese, too.

                  Yes, yes.

                  > Is there a idea for Japanese (that does not use white space)?
                  > (One Idea is treating KANA and KANJI as a same class in 'W' command.)

                  Just the same idea is already implemented, probably by
                  K.Nagano at Vim 5.4x. When setting 'fileencoding' to
                  "japan", 'w' and 'W' stops at KANA-KANJI boundary.

                  --
                  Takuhiro Nishioka mailto:takuhiro@...