RE: to or till (f or t) a non-ascii character

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 2010
      Ramana Kumar wrote:
      > to or till (f or t) a non-ascii character

      This mailing list has almost no traffic. While in principle it
      is the correct one for your question, in practice you should
      send a new message to vim_use (don't bother mentioning that you
      posted here; just send a new message).

      > Or what about yanking/putting text between the main buffer and
      > the command buffer?

      I can comment on this. If you yank some text (e.g. yiw), you can
      paste it into the command line by pressing Ctrl-R then " (a
      double quote for the unnamed register, see ':help registers').

      John

    • Ramana Kumar
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2010
        On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:50 AM, Muskoka Auto Parts Limited
        <map@...> wrote:
        >  On 10-09-20 10:26 PM, Ramana Kumar wrote:
        >> I have set up some abbreviations to turn certain ASCII strings into
        >> appropriate Unicode counterparts, for example from '==>' to '=>'. This works
        >> wonderfully.
        >
        > Neat idea!  Care to share your whole list?

        Look at the holabs.vim file here
        http://hol.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/hol/HOL/tools/vim/