Re: Multibyte bugs

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 12 12:46 AM
      On 11/04/10 17:33, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      [...]
      >> IMHO it makes no sense to have digraphs in Vim for "private use"
      >> characters. I propose to drop any of them that cannot be usefully
      >> reassigned to some "official" Unicode codepoint elsewhere. E000 to E028
      >> means forty-one codepoints, it ought not to be a big problem.
      >
      > Searching revealed a few proposals for these character ranges. And
      > this page has a confusing summary:
      > http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Unicode/Character_reference/E000-EFFF
      > "private use" but it does have a table with characters.

      Yes; in my browser and with my usual font most (but not all) of them are
      CJK fullwidth ideograms and full-width counterparts of halfwidth math
      symbols etc. A few are (halfwidth) Latin accented letters which even
      exist in Latin1 i.e. below U+0100 !!! For instance (in my browser)
      U+E023 to U+E081 look like duplicates of ASCII 0x21 to 0x7E in the same
      order. Note however the last sentence immediately before the table:

      «The repertoire seen with your computer's font will most likely not be
      the same as with other computers or fonts.»

      And indeed I see a different glyph for those codepoints in gvim with my
      usual 'guifont', which is not the same as my browser's usual serif and
      sans-serif fonts.

      > Let's remove these digraphs. I can't imagine anyone is using them.

      Neither can I.

      LAUNCELOT leaps into SHOT with a mighty cry and runs the GUARD
      through and
      hacks him to the floor. Blood. Swashbuckling music (perhaps).
      LAUNCELOT races through into the castle screaming.
      SECOND SENTRY: Hey!
      PICTURES LTD