Re: vim7.2 on centos_x64 can not show correct chinese characters

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2010
      On 18/01/10 05:08, jackyyvan wrote:
      > I installed vim 7.2 on 64bits centos , and using '--enable-multibyte'
      > option , but when I typed chinese characters in vim,it show some
      > unrecognized characters like ' 四32m~S~H四32m~S~H'
      >
      > someone can help me solving this question,thanks.....

      1) What does Vim reply to the following? (while editing the problematic
      file)
      :echo has('multi_byte')
      :verbose set enc? fencs? fenc? tenc?
      :lang cty
      See also
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Working_with_Unicode

      2) Are you sure that your current font supports CJK?
      2.1) Console or GUI?
      2.2) If console, does Vim understand what your keyboard is sending?
      - Which console terminal are you using?
      xterm? other (and which one?)?
      :verbose set term?
      2.3) If GUI,
      :verbose set gfn?
      See also
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Setting_the_font_in_the_GUI

      (My next question would have been about patch 7.1.116, but if you're
      using Vim 7.2, you have it.)

      (There may be differences between 32- and 64-bit Vim but I don't know
      what to look for in that respect.)

      Acquaintance, n.:
      A person whom we know well enough to borrow from, but not well
      enough to lend to.