Re: Input greek characters

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 9, 2010
      On 09/03/10 10:17, John Beckett wrote:
      > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      >> The site works for me. If you are in mainland China, maybe
      >> the site is blocked by your government? (though I can't
      >> imagine what would be "subversive" on that site)
      >
      > To the OP: Wikia is blocked in China (I don't know why). An old
      > version of vim.wikia.com is available at a mirror site set up in
      > response. The site is not maintained (I think) and is somewhat
      > broken because various templates and so forth were not imported
      > properly, however the content of most tips is available.
      >
      > The tip in question is:
      > http://broom9.com/Vim_Tips_Wiki/index.php?title=Working_with_Unicode
      >
      > John

      曹贵林: I'm not sure you follow vim_multibyte (though for this kind of
      discussion, you should).

      If it's the whole of wikia, then I suppose some Chinese official
      disliked something that was published on some /other/ wikia site, and
      that they blocked the whole of wikia without checking the fine points.

      "I played lead guitar in a band called The Federal Duck, which is the
      kind of name that was popular in the '60s as a result of controlled
      substances being in widespread use. Back then, there were no
      restrictions, in terms of talent, on who could make an album, so we
      made one, and it sounds like a group of people who have been given
      powerful but unfamiliar instruments as a therapy for a degenerative
      nerve disease."
      -- Dave Barry, "The Snake"