RE: Input greek characters

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 9 1:17 AM
      Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      > The site works for me. If you are in mainland China, maybe
      > the site is blocked by your government? (though I can't
      > imagine what would be "subversive" on that site)

      To the OP: Wikia is blocked in China (I don't know why). An old
      version of vim.wikia.com is available at a mirror site set up in
      response. The site is not maintained (I think) and is somewhat
      broken because various templates and so forth were not imported
      properly, however the content of most tips is available.

      The tip in question is:
      http://broom9.com/Vim_Tips_Wiki/index.php?title=Working_with_Unicode

      John

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 9 7:07 AM
        On 09/03/10 10:17, John Beckett wrote:
        > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
        >> The site works for me. If you are in mainland China, maybe
        >> the site is blocked by your government? (though I can't
        >> imagine what would be "subversive" on that site)
        >
        > To the OP: Wikia is blocked in China (I don't know why). An old
        > version of vim.wikia.com is available at a mirror site set up in
        > response. The site is not maintained (I think) and is somewhat
        > broken because various templates and so forth were not imported
        > properly, however the content of most tips is available.
        >
        > The tip in question is:
        > http://broom9.com/Vim_Tips_Wiki/index.php?title=Working_with_Unicode
        >
        > John

        曹贵林: I'm not sure you follow vim_multibyte (though for this kind of
        discussion, you should).

        If it's the whole of wikia, then I suppose some Chinese official
        disliked something that was published on some /other/ wikia site, and
        that they blocked the whole of wikia without checking the fine points.

        "I played lead guitar in a band called The Federal Duck, which is the
        kind of name that was popular in the '60s as a result of controlled
        substances being in widespread use. Back then, there were no
        restrictions, in terms of talent, on who could make an album, so we
        made one, and it sounds like a group of people who have been given
        powerful but unfamiliar instruments as a therapy for a degenerative
        nerve disease."
        -- Dave Barry, "The Snake"