Re: Printing with utf-8 characters on Windows

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2010
      On 20/12/09 17:36, Đức Minh Thái wrote:
      > Hello,
      > I cannot get utf-8 characters printed correctly. For example:
      > bột
      > becomes
      > bá»™t
      > My printing options are:
      > set printfont=LMMono10:h10 " This is the LMMono from LaTeX Latin Modern
      > set printoptions=number:y
      > set printencoding=ucs-2le bomb
      > Please help. Thank you!

      After reading about half of this thread, I have the following remarks:

      - I haven't succeeded to print "full-Unicode" text with :hardcopy. When
      I have a file with some exotic characters in it (Hebrew, maybe, or
      Chinese, embedded in French text), I write it to disk as a *.txt file
      (in UTF-8 with BOM), then print it in my browser.

      - IIUC, valid 'printencoding' values are those for which there is a
      PostScript conversion file in $VIMRUNTIME/print/ -- anything else is
      treated as Latin1, including UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-16le, UTF-32 and UTF-32le.

      - Most gvim versions for Windows are built with +printer but
      -postscript. In that case, according to its help, the 'printencoding'
      option is not supported.

      GALAHAD: Camelot ...
      LAUNCELOT: Camelot ...
      GAWAIN: It's only a model.