vim7.2 on centos_x64 can not show correct chinese characters

  • jackyyvan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2010
      I installed vim 7.2 on 64bits centos , and using '--enable-multibyte'
      option , but when I typed chinese characters in vim,it show some
      unrecognized characters like ' 四32m~S~H四32m~S~H'

      someone can help me solving this question,thanks.....
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 20, 2010
        On 18/01/10 05:08, jackyyvan wrote:
        > I installed vim 7.2 on 64bits centos , and using '--enable-multibyte'
        > option , but when I typed chinese characters in vim,it show some
        > unrecognized characters like ' 四32m~S~H四32m~S~H'
        >
        > someone can help me solving this question,thanks.....

        1) What does Vim reply to the following? (while editing the problematic
        file)
        :echo has('multi_byte')
        :verbose set enc? fencs? fenc? tenc?
        :lang cty
        See also
        http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Working_with_Unicode

        2) Are you sure that your current font supports CJK?
        2.1) Console or GUI?
        2.2) If console, does Vim understand what your keyboard is sending?
        - Which console terminal are you using?
        xterm? other (and which one?)?
        :verbose set term?
        2.3) If GUI,
        :verbose set gfn?
        See also
        http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Setting_the_font_in_the_GUI

        (My next question would have been about patch 7.1.116, but if you're
        using Vim 7.2, you have it.)

        (There may be differences between 32- and 64-bit Vim but I don't know
        what to look for in that respect.)

        Acquaintance, n.:
        A person whom we know well enough to borrow from, but not well
        enough to lend to.