Printing with utf-8 characters on Windows

  • Đức Minh Thái
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2009
      Hello,
      I cannot get utf-8 characters printed correctly. For example:

      bột

      becomes

      bá»™t
      My printing options are:

      set printfont=LMMono10:h10 " This is the LMMono from LaTeX Latin Modern
      set printoptions=number:y
      set printencoding=ucs-2le bomb

      Please help. Thank you!

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13, 2010
        On 20/12/09 17:36, Đức Minh Thái wrote:
        > Hello,
        > I cannot get utf-8 characters printed correctly. For example:
        > bột
        > becomes
        > bá»™t
        > My printing options are:
        > set printfont=LMMono10:h10 " This is the LMMono from LaTeX Latin Modern
        > set printoptions=number:y
        > set printencoding=ucs-2le bomb
        > Please help. Thank you!

        After reading about half of this thread, I have the following remarks:

        - I haven't succeeded to print "full-Unicode" text with :hardcopy. When
        I have a file with some exotic characters in it (Hebrew, maybe, or
        Chinese, embedded in French text), I write it to disk as a *.txt file
        (in UTF-8 with BOM), then print it in my browser.

        - IIUC, valid 'printencoding' values are those for which there is a
        PostScript conversion file in $VIMRUNTIME/print/ -- anything else is
        treated as Latin1, including UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-16le, UTF-32 and UTF-32le.

        - Most gvim versions for Windows are built with +printer but
        -postscript. In that case, according to its help, the 'printencoding'
        option is not supported.

        GALAHAD: Camelot ...
        LAUNCELOT: Camelot ...
        GAWAIN: It's only a model.