About line wrap when both English and Chinese Chars are present

  • KL
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2009
      Hi,

      I hope this is the correct place to bring up this question. I love vim
      very much! But I think that Vim's localization is still not perfect.

      http://lh6.ggpht.com/_fHAIwtuRTpY/Sk8EiZSN0gI/AAAAAAAAABg/435m_aPipNA/LineWrap.png

      Please take a look at the screenshot. The line should wrap at a
      Chinese character which hits the right edge of the window. Vim does it
      right for those lines with ONLY chinese chars. However, obviously when
      an English word is present in the line, Vim does the wrong thing: it
      considers the English word AND the following Chinese chars as
      unsplittable.

      This is because I set "lbr" in Vim. Unsetting "lbr" will solve the
      problem BUT when the English word hits the edge it will be split right
      in the middle, which is not what I want, either.

      Any suggestions?

      Thanks!

      KL

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2009

        [ Please mention your name ]

        Perhaps this code will help: http://vimgadgets.sourceforge.net/liblinebreak/

        --
        ERROR 047: Keyboard not found. Press RETURN to continue.