Re: Unable to display Hebrew correctly on Mac OS/X

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 24, 2009
      On 24/03/09 13:17, Ron Aaron wrote:

      > Hi, Björn -
      >
      > I'm using the latest vim - 7.2.148, with some additional patches of my
      > own. Is the "MacVim" base totally separate from the main vim?

      IIUC, the MacVim base is basically the main Vim base, with some
      Mac-specific patches which never made it into Bram's sources. However
      some of the Mac people might expain it better than I can.

      Q: How many heterosexual males does it take to screw in a light bulb
      in San Francisco?
      A: Both of them.

    • björn
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 24, 2009
        2009/3/24 Tony Mechelynck:

        > On 24/03/09 13:17, Ron Aaron wrote:
        >>
        >> Hi, Björn -
        >>
        >> I'm using the latest vim - 7.2.148, with some additional patches of my
        >> own.  Is the "MacVim" base totally separate from the main vim?
        >
        > IIUC, the MacVim base is basically the main Vim base, with some
        > Mac-specific patches which never made it into Bram's sources. However
        > some of the Mac people might expain it better than I can.

        Yes, MacVim works just like any other GUI port in that it hooks into
        the various gui_mch_*() calls. The big difference is that MacVim
        spawns one Vim process for each GUI-window and uses another process
        (MacVim) to coordinate everything in order to be able to support
        multiple GUI-windows. More details concerning the source code can be
        found in src/MacVim/README. Note that there are some modifications to
        the Vim codebase in the MacVim repo but these are intentionally few --
        the bulk of the MacVim specific code resides in src/MacVim.

        Björn