Re: Combining diacritical marks display as separate character

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 12, 2009
      On 12/03/09 11:56, Ron Aaron wrote:
      > On Mar 12, 11:53 am, Tony Mechelynck<antoine.mechely...@...>
      > wrote:
      >> I don't have any problems with recent gvim versions (currently 7.2.141
      >> but it already worked last week) and GTK2 2.14.4-8.6.2 on openSUSE 11.1.
      > I use it on Windows and Linux, and it works well on both.
      >> It can do Hebrew or Arabic but not with true bidi: what Vim does is give
      >> you the option of displaying any window in either all RTL or all LTR.
      >> You can even have the same file in split-windows, one of them LTR (with
      >> English OK but Arabic or Hebrew wrong) and the other RTL (with Hebrew
      >> and/or Arabic OK, including Arabic joining forms if 'arabicshape' is on
      >> which is the default, but English wrong).
      > That is, in fact, what I regularly do. I open a bilingual (English
      > and Hebrew) file, split the window, and have one be LTR and the other
      > RTL. Then I use XeLaTex to produce really nice output :)

      What I use to produce real nice true-bidi output is my browser --
      SeaMonkey 2.0b1pre, but Firefox 3 (3.0 or 3.1 I'm not sure) uses
      identically the same rendering engine, and any "good" browser ought to
      do well, which is not to say all of them indeed do, for the kind of
      files which I use, namely HTML and plain text.

      Best regards,
      There was a plane crash over mid-ocean, and only three survivors were
      left in the life-raft: the Pope, the President, and Mayor Daley.
      Unfortunately, it was a one-man life-raft, and quickly sinking, so they
      started debating who should be allowed to stay.

      The Pope pointed out that he was the spiritual leader of millions all
      over the world, the President explained that if he died then America
      would be stuck with the Vice-President, and so forth. Then Mayor Daley
      said, "Look! We're not solving anything like this! The only fair
      thing to do is to vote on it." So they did, and Mayor Daley won by 97