Re: Support Global IME

  • Takuhiro Nishioka
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2000
      Taro Muraoka wrote:
      > I made a experimental patch for supporting Global IME on Vim for
      > Windows. Global IME makes capability to input Chinese, Japanese, and
      > Korean text into Vim buffer on any language version of Windows 98,
      > Windows 95, and Windows NT 4.0.

      This is great! I tested. As I couldn't install Japanese
      Global IME on my Japanese Windows95, I'm not sure but it
      seems working well. The language version Global IME
      couldn't be installed when the language of Global IME and
      the language of Windows are the same.

      E.g. Japanese Global IME couldn't be installed on
      Japanese Winodws.

      I really love this. Thanks Muraoka-san!

      --
      Takuhiro Nishioka mailto:takuhiro@...
    • Greg Matheson
      Message 2 of 4 , May 9, 2000
        On Sun, May 07, 2000 at 11:40:38AM +0900, Taro Muraoka wrote:

        > I made a experimental patch for supporting Global IME on Vim for
        > Windows.

        >Compiled binary for test
        >http://ixeris.bios.ics.saitama-u.ac.jp/~koron/software/vim/gvim_gime.exe.bz2

        I couldn't find this, though I could see a lot of other vim
        stuff at
        http://ixeris.bios.ics.saitama-u.ac.jp/~koron/software/vim

        --
        Greg Matheson Make a mistake
        Chinmin College, Taiwan Try it, you'll like it
        Message 3 of 4 , May 9, 2000
          Sorry, I had made a mistake that uncompressed that file. Now try below
          whichever 2 URL.

          - COMPRESSED FILE
          http://ixeris.bios.ics.saitama-u.ac.jp/~koron/software/vim/gvim_gime.exe.bz2
          - EXECUTABLE FILE