Support Global IME

  • Taro Muraoka
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2000
      Hello.

      I made a experimental patch for supporting Global IME on Vim for
      Windows. Global IME makes capability to input Chinese, Japanese, and
      Korean text into Vim buffer on any language version of Windows 98,
      Windows 95, and Windows NT 4.0. Please see below URL for detail of
      Global IME. You can also find various language version of Global IME at
      same place.

      - Global IME detailed information.
      http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/features/ime.asp

      In this patch, there is one of new files "dimm.idl". This file is
      distributed by MSDN (Microsoft). I did not modify this file, but you
      can get original at below URL.

      - Where you can probably get "dimm.idl".
      http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/samples/internet/libraries/ie5_lib/sample.asp

      You can compile Vim with Global IME. Example:

      nmake -f Makefile.w32 GUI=yes GIME=yes

      I place a compiled binary by above command at next URL. If you want to
      test Global IME instantly, please download this.

      - Compiled binary for test
      http://ixeris.bios.ics.saitama-u.ac.jp/~koron/software/vim/gvim_gime.exe.bz2

      I have tested this binary on thus environments.
      - Windows 98 (Japanese version)
      - Internet Exproler 5.01
      - Global IME 5.01 for Chinese (Simplified) - with Language pack
      - :set fe=prc gfn=MS_Song:h12

      - Active Input Method Manager (Global IME)
      http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/misc/AIMM/aimm.asp

      I made this patch from 5.6.70 source. So it is too big to append with
      this mail, I place this patch here.

      - Global IME patch web site copy
      http://ixeris.bios.ics.saitama-u.ac.jp/~koron/software/vim/global_ime.diff

      I welcome any questions or comments. Thanks.
      ----
      Taro Muraoka koron@...
    • Takuhiro Nishioka
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2000
        Taro Muraoka wrote:
        > I made a experimental patch for supporting Global IME on Vim for
        > Windows. Global IME makes capability to input Chinese, Japanese, and
        > Korean text into Vim buffer on any language version of Windows 98,
        > Windows 95, and Windows NT 4.0.

        This is great! I tested. As I couldn't install Japanese
        Global IME on my Japanese Windows95, I'm not sure but it
        seems working well. The language version Global IME
        couldn't be installed when the language of Global IME and
        the language of Windows are the same.

        E.g. Japanese Global IME couldn't be installed on
        Japanese Winodws.

        I really love this. Thanks Muraoka-san!

        --
        Takuhiro Nishioka mailto:takuhiro@...
      • Greg Matheson
        Message 3 of 4 , May 9, 2000
          On Sun, May 07, 2000 at 11:40:38AM +0900, Taro Muraoka wrote:

          > I made a experimental patch for supporting Global IME on Vim for
          > Windows.

          >Compiled binary for test
          >http://ixeris.bios.ics.saitama-u.ac.jp/~koron/software/vim/gvim_gime.exe.bz2

          I couldn't find this, though I could see a lot of other vim
          stuff at
          http://ixeris.bios.ics.saitama-u.ac.jp/~koron/software/vim

          --
          Greg Matheson Make a mistake
          Chinmin College, Taiwan Try it, you'll like it
          Message 4 of 4 , May 9, 2000
            Sorry, I had made a mistake that uncompressed that file. Now try below
            whichever 2 URL.

            - COMPRESSED FILE
            http://ixeris.bios.ics.saitama-u.ac.jp/~koron/software/vim/gvim_gime.exe.bz2
            - EXECUTABLE FILE