Re: Pan-unicode font for gvim on windows?

  • George V. Reilly
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 14, 2008
      2008/11/14 zod <zodjones@...>:
      > For the record, these are the fonts that I have found that correctly
      > display both simplified Chinese and latin script in gvim:
      >
      > NSimSun (latin looks awful)
      > MingLiU (latin looks awful)
      > LiSu (a big improvement)
      > SimSun - Founder Extended (the spacing in latin is a little odd)
      > YouYuan (probably the best latin)
      > GulimChe (decent)
      > GungShuChe (ok, not great)
      > BatangChe (not so good)
      >
      > LiSu and YouYuan are the winners. They have much more readable latin
      > scripts than NSimSun or MingLiU. You can find all of those fonts on
      > the internets tubes (eMule, etc).

      I was going to suggest Deja Vu Sans Mono because I thought it covered
      all of Unicode, but I just learned that it doesn't cover Chinese:
      http://dejavu.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dejavu/trunk/dejavu-fonts/langcover.txt

      Does Consolas have the range you want? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consolas
      --
      /George V. Reilly george@...