[patch] for gvim-7.2 swallowing space from IM

  • 余钰炜
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2008
      Hi, the gvim-7.2 will swallow the space char which commit to gvim from
      asynchronous Input Method Engine, like IBus (a recent IME still under
      developing).

      In IBus, The keyval is processed in one loop, but the commit string may
      be committed to gvim in the following loop.
      In this case, the if clause on the line 4246 which do not clear the
      "xim_expected_char" before "return imresult" .
      This will cause gvim to ignore the latter commited "xim_expected_char".
      So we need to clear "xim_expected_char"
      before the "return imresult" to avoid the latter commit string ( e.g.
      space ) to be always ignored after that loop.

      the patch I submitted via the attachment, add " xim_expected_char = NUL;
      " on line 4271, just before "return imresult" to fix this bug.

      I under Gentoo Linux, vim-core-7.2, vim-7.2, gvim-7.2

      Best wishes!

      Yu Yuwei
      Aug 20, 2008
    • Huang Peng
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2008
        Hi vim hackers,
        I forward this problem from vim mail list to here. Please help to view
        the patch attached with this mail. Thanks.

        Hi, the gvim-7.2 will swallow the space char which commit to gvim from
        asynchronous Input Method Engine, like IBus (a recent IME still under
        developing).

        In IBus, The keyval is processed in one loop, but the commit string
        may
        be committed to gvim in the following loop.
        In this case, the if clause on the line 4246 of mbyte.c which do not
        clear the
        "xim_expected_char" before "return imresult" .
        This will cause gvim to ignore the latter commited
        "xim_expected_char".
        So we need to clear "xim_expected_char"
        before the "return imresult" to avoid the latter commit string ( e.g.
        space ) to be always ignored after that loop.

        the patch I submitted via the attachment, add " xim_expected_char =
        NUL;
        " on line 4271, just before "return imresult" to fix this bug.

        I under Gentoo Linux, vim-core-7.2, vim-7.2, gvim-7.2

        Best wishes!

        Yu Yuwei
        Aug 20, 2008

        035_all_vim-7.2-space.patch.gz