Re: WXP after changing to East Asian languages VIM out of control

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2008
      On 26/07/08 16:32, Hana Hanako wrote:
      > http://6freeclimber.de/docs/vim.png
      >
      > I reviewed the :lan settings
      >
      > KOREAN is displayed correctlly when I type :lan
      >
      > but in the buffers hangeul, nor hanja ist displayed. only?
      >
      > the windows input system works fine, but no display.
      >
      > what am I doing wrong. and how can I use my menu texts again?
      >
      > thanks alot.

      - What exactly is missing: hanja in edit buffers, hanja in menus and
      error messages, or all hanja?

      - When you start Vim as

      gvim -u NONE -N

      what is the (long) reply to

      :lang

      ? Does it still not display hanja?

      - Are you using Console Vim or gvim? If the former, try the latter. If
      the latter, what are the replies to

      :verbose set enc? gfn?

      ? Maybe a North-Korean 'encoding' has been set, which doesn't use hanja?
      Or maybe you have set a hangeul-only font, with no hanja glyphs?

      - Try the following:
      1. Set a Unicode encoding using the steps in
      2. If your hanja are still not displayed, try a Chinese (Traditional)
      font, for instance (on Windows) MingLiU. Then check whether it still
      displays hangeul.

      One of the rules of Busmanship, New York style, is never surrender your
      seat to another passenger. This may seem callous, but it is the best
      way, really. If one passenger were to give a seat to someone who
      fainted in the aisle, say, the others on the bus would become
      disoriented and imagine they were in Topeka, Kansas.